Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Some of you helped me already in the past, joppa especially!

My wife's visa renewal is a while away but I have a few question - she got her spouse visa about 14months ago,
I just wanted to know :

1- does she have to retake her ielts english exam again which is about expired.
2. we recently had a child born few weeks ago, would we have to put him down on the visa aswell and pay a double fee and show increased financial requirements (22,400 even though he is british born)
3. can we apply in advance for the visa or do we have to wait for the date of expiry?

Thank you once again to whoever helps us.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi, Some of you helped me already in the past, joppa especially!

My wife's visa renewal is a while away but I have a few question - she got her spouse visa about 14months ago,
I just wanted to know :

1- does she have to retake her ielts english exam again which is about expired.
2. we recently had a child born few weeks ago, would we have to put him down on the visa aswell and pay a double fee and show increased financial requirements (22,400 even though he is british born)
3. can we apply in advance for the visa or do we have to wait for the date of expiry?

Thank you once again to whoever helps us.
#2: A child that is born in the UK is a UK citizen and does not require you to sponsor them, so no increase in fees or financial requirement.

#3: The earliest your wife can apply is 28 days prior to the expiration date of her current visa.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to #1.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 She can reuse the same test result used for the previous application for spouse visa.
#3 Unless she switched to spouse leave within UK (in which case above reply applies), the earliest she can apply is 28 days before her 30-month anniversary of entering UK on her current visa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.