Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I lodged a query/appeal to ACS to assess me with specializations in 2231-79 (previously last year they didnt). They replied:

In regards to your enquiry, you need to apply for a new assessment but will not need to supply all of the documents that you submitted in your previous application. You will need to provide:

* A new application form
* Appropriate payment (A$400)
* Copy of previous assessment letter
* Current identification (what is that??)
* Any additional employer references you have
My question is, as they have my all previous documents, is it OK if I submit a revised CV and employer references with more details on my specializations and claim that skill in (nec)? What if they verify that with previous documents and note any differences negatively? My earlier CV and references were more generic in programming (rather putting more focus on C#) hence I didn't get assessed with specialization, although they assessed positively. Also meantime my company/job designation didnt change....

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you got nothing to loose, jsut give a revised CV, give more proofs that u have been working more on C# for last year or more.

wish u luck

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Documents , designations and reference would remain same as last time all you have to do is to is to add your expertise in c#, mention if you attended any course on Microsoft . net c# technology in your cv.

You can add specific details of projects you did focusing more on c# then as project manager, it should work.

Best wishes..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help needed

you got nothing to loose, jsut give a revised CV, give more proofs that u have been working more on C# for last year or more.

wish u luck

Hi, I have got the same problem, would like to know if it is possible to re-apply for ACS within a year. I mean I got my ACS assessment (without MODL) in March 09. So what do u suggest, should I wait for it to get expired or re-apply with new information and details.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi expat,

i just read yesterday that if u have applied for teh visa already, u cant submit new ACS assessment, for that u have to apply for the visa afresh. but if u hvnt alreay applied for the visa, u can get a reassessment done, the charges for reassessment is i believe 30$, i am not sure though. if the acs expires u hv to pay the entire amount again, u shud ideally check with an agent if u need detailed info

cheers
anj

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why fresh visa app? is it compulsary even I dont change the nominated occupation? ('cause according to DIAC you can't change occupation...)
I am screwed i guess....

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
zonaid thats what i understand from SOMV's post a couple of days back..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya, actually I strongly wished you were right....
However, I'll still reapply, hope for ACS positive, upload to DIAC and lodge PLE couple of times. Nothing worse can happen, right?

Can you also please tell me - IF, a big unwanted if, they dont accept my ACS and tell me to start over, can I get back my money? how? and I can and do, can I lodge again?
Sorry with so many questions... just being obsessed and freaked out in last couple of weeks.

Also I assume VIC will not sponsor me with my previous assessment (can I submit new ACS result as I already applied for SS to VIC?)

Thanx.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
well, i think there is no harm in trying, who knows what works for one which never worked for anyone

but they dont give the money, if u take ur application back its your decision. you will have to speak to the DIAC for the details, once u get your ACS re assessment, u can always send a PLE or maybe call them and explain to them. But i feel they are doing this because a lot of people might be trying re assessment and changing the ASCO code mid ways.. which might be too much of a headache for them.

why dont u speak to an agent and take their suggestion

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi expat,

i just read yesterday that if u have applied for teh visa already, u cant submit new ACS assessment, for that u have to apply for the visa afresh. but if u hvnt alreay applied for the visa, u can get a reassessment done, the charges for reassessment is i believe 30$, i am not sure though. if the acs expires u hv to pay the entire amount again, u shud ideally check with an agent if u need detailed info

cheers
anj

hi,
As far as I know , for a reassessment you should lodge your case within 60 days after getting assessment from ACS. for that it is $30 as anj has been telling. What i was trying to ask was to confirm if i could re-apply before the actual expiration of an ACS result ( and definitely after the lapse of re-assessment period :) )

cheers
expat

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi

I have recieved VIC SS :) However, My ACS skills assesment has expired.
In previous ACS, The postal address was different , but now I want to recieve the new one to different address. Iam thinking that the Newly filled form would be the latest for any point of communication, example for email, contact number and address etc. Here I used one consultant for help, But Now I want to do the all the process myself afresh.

Should I send as altogether new application to ACS or Should I mention my old ACS assessment reference number? I want to assess for similar skill set (.Net Technologies). Any advantage towards faster process ?

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts