Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
has anybody recently applied for NSW State Sponsorship...??
as i m planning to do that (my ASCO code is in their demand list)...so need some help who has done this in near future..??

I am also in demand list for ACT but i wll prefer NSW as it has got sydney which is IT hub in ausieland....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Pankaj, neither the checklist says asset proofs, nor does the link say anything. so i doubt, it is best to call them.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Pankaj, neither the checklist says asset proofs, nor does the link say anything. so i doubt, it is best to call them.
okies...wll do that....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Pankaj,

Just seeing your post now. NSW did not ask us to prove any assets and they were so fast with approval. We had the letter of approval itself within 4 weeks.

Best of luck.

ae
i m giving IELTS on 12 Dec 09...then it would take around 15 odd days for results to come....then i m planning to apply for the SS for NSW....any tips for applying specially as I am in non CSL/non MODl list....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Pankaj, you can apply in DIAC for 175 before end of this year and in parralel work on your SS from NSW/VIC/ACT as your skills are required in NSW and ACT and VIC is free to apply.

If you get sponsorship, you can send a PLE and convert ur 175 application to 176. This is my personal view.. I may be wrong.

I just checked for you (ACT requires) :
Systems Manager 2231-11
Systems Designer 2231-13
Software Designer 2231-15

According to ACT webite, they say they are processing sponsorship application HP in 20 days, NP in 30 days and LP in 60 days.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i m giving IELTS on 12 Dec 09...then it would take around 15 odd days for results to come....then i m planning to apply for the SS for NSW....any tips for applying specially as I am in non CSL/non MODl list....
Hi Pankaj,

No tips really. The application was pretty much a mirror of the application to the ACS plus the ACS letter and the application forms. Once you are within the categories required by NSW it should be fine. I approached it by providing as much information as possible to avoid them having to ask for anything else and to make it as easy as possible to approve the application. I'm sure I'm telling you what you already know!

Best of luck and I hope its works out.

ae

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pankaj, you can apply in DIAC for 175 before end of this year and in parralel work on your SS from NSW/VIC/ACT as your skills are required in NSW and ACT and VIC is free to apply.

If you get sponsorship, you can send a PLE and convert ur 175 application to 176. This is my personal view.. I may be wrong.

I just checked for you (ACT requires) :
Systems Manager 2231-11
Systems Designer 2231-13
Software Designer 2231-15

According to ACT webite, they say they are processing sponsorship application HP in 20 days, NP in 30 days and LP in 60 days.
thanks mr.india for the reply after doing the research:):).....yah even i m thinking for doing the same thing that you have suggested..i.e simultaneously doing the both 175 & SS....i also know that my skill are also required in ACT...but i preferred NSW as it has sydney in it....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Pankaj,

No tips really. The application was pretty much a mirror of the application to the ACS plus the ACS letter and the application forms. Once you are within the categories required by NSW it should be fine. I approached it by providing as much information as possible to avoid them having to ask for anything else and to make it as easy as possible to approve the application. I'm sure I'm telling you what you already know!

Best of luck and I hope its works out.

ae
thanks for this:):)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts