Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

If experienced forum members could please give me some advice on the below it would be very much appreciated as I have become very worried.

My wife (US Citizen) and I were due to apply for her spouse visa this month, we were filing under Category A as I earnt well over the required £18,6000. Unexpectedly on Monday of this week my company was placed into administration and I was made redundant the same day. I was also not paid for April as the company to no ones knowledge had run out of money. I am now having to claim back part of my salary from the government for April.

I know this now eliminates applying under Category A. When I find a new job I will attempt to apply under Category B. But due to me having a hole in my payslips (Aprils non paid salary) will this jeopardise everything or can I provide evidence of 12 months of payslips from March 14 - March 15 and back it up with a letter confirming that my company went bankrupt unexpectedly? Will this gap of me being unemployed ruin everything?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
To apply under Category B you need to have earned £18,600/year in the 12 months immediately preceding your application including your new job AND you must currently be employed earning £18,600/ year. It doesn't matter if there is a missing pay slip as long as when you add up the last 12 months you get £18,600 or more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nyclon, thanks for your advice.

So Im straight here say I dont find a new job until the start of June, if this job is earning over the £18,600pa can I still apply under Cat B or will the month of being unemployed in May stop me doing that?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
If when you get a new job you are earning over £18,600 AND when you add up the last 12 months (the 12 months immediately preceding application) that comes up to £18,600 or more then it's fine

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nyclon,

Again thanks for your advice. Very much appreciated.

I feel better now knowing that even if I am searching for a job for a month or two as long as in the past 12 months I have earnt over £18600pa everything should be ok.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
Remember it's during 12 consecutive months you need to have earned at least £18,600. So supposing you are applying in August, but you were unemployed for the whole of June and July, you still must have earned £18,600 minimum from Aug 2014 to August 2015, not 12 months you were in work. So unless you were highly paid, any lengthy blank period may disqualify you under Cat B.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joppa,

Thanks for the info. Fortunately I was quite highly paid which will protect me to a degree but I am hoping I can find a new position sooner than later.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.