Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!

I know there are lots of threads about this already, but I am applying soon for my fiance UK visa and would appreciate so much if you help me about the documents.
I am from Brazil and my fiance is a British Citizen. We lived in Brasil for 18 months until we decided to go to live in Scotland. He is currently working (since end of November 2016) and his salary is £25,000 per year. So we are going to do the application under category A.

The documents I am submitting are:
1) Applicant's
- current passport
- 2 old passports
- IELTS A1 result
- passport size photo
- Visa application form VAF4A
- Introduction letter
- birth certificate (original + translation)
- Appendix 2 - financial requirements

2) Proof of Intention to marry
- Venue booking signed + email confirming booking and receipt of deposit
- Catering booking
- Photographer booking
- Wedding dress receipt
- Invitation
- Humanist booking email

3) Financial requirements
- Bank Statements (as it is an online Bank - First Direct - we also have a letter from the bank confirming the authenticity of the statements) of the last 6 months
- work contract
- Payslips of the last 6 months
- P60
- Letter of the company confirming the sponsor is an employee, his salary and how long he has been working there

4)Proof of our relationship
- "Stable Union" statement - this is like a civil partnership in Brazil. It is an official document (original + translation)
- Letter of a bank in Brazil confirming we have a joint account
- Contract of the apartment we rented together when we lived in Brazil
- Pictures of us, friends and families since we met each other
- Flights tickets of some trips together
- Some emails
I lost some facetime and skype logs that we used to contact each other in the beginning of our relationship. I dont have too many things to show how we kept in touch and I dont know what to do...

5) Accommodation

- Letter from the sponsor's brother saying that I am going to live in his house and I am welcome (the sponsor lives there already)
- council tax bill in sponsor's brothers name
- Pictures of the house
- Land registry
- Letter from the Electoral Registration Office in sponsor's name (this is the only proof of address in my sponsor's name, do you think I would need anything else?)

6) Sponsor
- Copy of his passport (all pages)
- Letter of sponsorship
- Birth certificate

Do you think this is ok? Or should I submit more documents?

Another question is: I used to live in Ireland for a while. When I was there, I used to go to the UK to visit my fiance a lot, but there is no stamps in my passport because it is Ireland. Should I put all of this in my travel history?

Thank you very much, your help will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
You don't need applicant's or sponsor's birth certificate.
You may want to get property inspection report if his brother lives there as well.
Otherwise looks fine.
Yes, put under travel history. They will know passports aren't stamped when coming from Ireland.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, Joppa! You are very helpful!

Do you think it can be a problem not having proof that we kept contact in the begginig of our relationship? (2012, 2013)
Also, do you think only a letter from the electoral registration office will be enough? He doesn't have any other proof of address...

Thank you again, I appreciate a lot all your help!

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
Your application will be looked at holistically. If ECO is satisfied about your relationship, it's fine. You are supposed to attach evidence of communication throughout your relationship, though more difficult to find if it was several years ago. Do the best you can.
Doesn't he have anything from his bank, employer, doctor etc?

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
Your application will be looked at holistically. If ECO is satisfied about your relationship, it's fine. You are supposed to attach evidence of communication throughout your relationship, though more difficult to find if it was several years ago. Do the best you can.
Doesn't he have anything from his bank, employer, doctor etc?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.