Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my email on Monday that a decision has been made (spouse visa) and a FedEx tracking number (I used priority and had included a return international priority waybill). It was due to arrive today by 3pm. I've called. There is no additional info n the Fedex site (just that it's still in Manchester). I called Fedex - they tell me that after a delay due to mechanical issues, my package was shipped to Barcelona (I live near Boston MA). They are trying to track it -- what do I do if they've lost it?? I don't even know if my visa was granted or not. Can I call the VISA office?
I'm sick.

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Contact the sender of your last email by UKBA from Sheffield, and ask if your visa has been issued. They usually reply yes or no.
It's unlikely that your package is lost (I suppose it can happen) so hopefully like airline luggage it will eventually turn up and be delivered to you. In the worst-case scenario, if your documents are lost, you are insured so claim the cost of a new passport and liaise with Home Office about your visa being placed in your new passport, and claim other costs of replacing valuable documents.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Not stressed enough already?

I received my email on Monday that a decision has been made (spouse visa) and a FedEx tracking number (I used priority and had included a return international priority waybill). It was due to arrive today by 3pm. I've called. There is no additional info n the Fedex site (just that it's still in Manchester). I called Fedex - they tell me that after a delay due to mechanical issues, my package was shipped to Barcelona (I live near Boston MA). They are trying to track it -- what do I do if they've lost it?? I don't even know if my visa was granted or not. Can I call the VISA office?
I'm sick.

Thanks for any advice
What an awful thing to happen! Let's hope it is just being delayed and not really lost. Sure hope you can track it and see it reappear on the US east coast soon! Some posters have gotten an answer to their emails (I didn't) so it is worth a try.

Wishing you all the best from another New Englander, soon to be residing in Scotland.
Laurel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks - looks like it was in Barcelona 9and now in (Paris) - so hopefully it will be here soon. Wish I knew the visa was issued - it would make the wait so much easier as I'm sure you all understand.

·
Registered
924 Posts
thanks - looks like it was in Barcelona 9and now in (Paris) - so hopefully it will be here soon. Wish I knew the visa was issued - it would make the wait so much easier as I'm sure you all understand.
I was amazed at my turn-around time and it was good news, so hopefully yours will be as well. It is very hard to be waiting and not knowing. So, we will think positive thoughts!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Package just arrived!! And my visa was granted. It all happened so fast (except for the wayward fedex). I send the package out last Tues. Got the email that it arrived on Thurs. Got the email that a decision was made on Monday.
Sending all my good thoughts out to all of you who are still waiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.