Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i submitted my application for EA assessment as mechanical engineer(professional engineer) last month and got a negative outcome.main points of EA feedback are as follows.
1) my MS qualification is not approved since the institution is not accredited. and EA can give the final output based on my diploma qualification and maximum as engineering technologist and not professional engineer.- i am ok with this as there is no other solution
2)"You give too much technical, generic information, but not enough on your own role in the project. Career episodes have to be written in the first person, clearly stating your role in the project, any problems identified by you, any particular problem solving techniques you applied, etc."-i wrote this whole report in my own words still cant understand why?1st and 2nd CDR were my projects in my company and 3rd was a academic project,all 3 reports are almost 2480 words.this explained my roles, problems faced and how i solved it.
3) "You need to re-write and re-submit at least two career episodes or write two completely new ones updating your summary statement(within one month)":-should i write 2 new ones? i already spend 15 days for the first 3 reports and actually i am bored with this. is it ok if i edit current reports an submit again?

i request some one to guide me how to deal with this so that i get a positive outcome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi i submitted my application for EA assessment as mechanical engineer(professional engineer) last month and got a negative outcome.main points of EA feedback are as follows.
1) my MS qualification is not approved since the institution is not accredited. and EA can give the final output based on my diploma qualification and maximum as engineering technologist and not professional engineer.- i am ok with this as there is no other solution
2)"You give too much technical, generic information, but not enough on your own role in the project. Career episodes have to be written in the first person, clearly stating your role in the project, any problems identified by you, any particular problem solving techniques you applied, etc."-i wrote this whole report in my own words still cant understand why?1st and 2nd CDR were my projects in my company and 3rd was a academic project,all 3 reports are almost 2480 words.this explained my roles, problems faced and how i solved it.
3) "You need to re-write and re-submit at least two career episodes or write two completely new ones updating your summary statement(within one month)":-should i write 2 new ones? i already spend 15 days for the first 3 reports and actually i am bored with this. is it ok if i edit current reports an submit again?

i request some one to guide me how to deal with this so that i get a positive outcome.
I can help u..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think you have described your projects/systems too much rather than have illustrated what you have done. Paragraphs of CDRs have to answer/satisfy one or more element of the Summary Statement. Have you read thoroughly the Appendix from p.32 of Msabooklet which describes every single details of the Criteria?
Moreover, page 19 of that booklet, there is an important note:
Please Note:
It is not sufficient to merely describe work in
which you were involved. Career Episodes must be
written in the first person singular clearly indicating
your own personal role in the work described.
Remember, it is what I did, not what we did or what
‘I was involved in
’ and describe how you did it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you have described your projects/systems too much rather than have illustrated what you have done. Paragraphs of CDRs have to answer/satisfy one or more element of the Summary Statement. Have you read thoroughly the Appendix from p.32 of Msabooklet which describes every single details of the Criteria?
Moreover, page 19 of that booklet, there is an important note:
Please Note:
It is not sufficient to merely describe work in
which you were involved. Career Episodes must be
written in the first person singular clearly indicating
your own personal role in the work described.
Remember, it is what I did, not what we did or what
‘I was involved in
’ and describe how you did it.
Thanks for your replay. yes i have gone through MSA booklet before writing report. i have provided huge amount of data in my CDR and explained what all works i did in the project.also i have taken care that i write in first person.still the outcome was negative.may be because my reports are big and it is not as per EA expectations. i am now thinking of compressing my 2500 words CDR to a 1500 words so whats your opinion?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Cdrs were about 1500, not as long as yours. However, you can send (PM) me a portion of your cdr, hopefully, I could tell you the difference.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thanks for your replay. yes i have gone through MSA booklet before writing report. i have provided huge amount of data in my CDR and explained what all works i did in the project.also i have taken care that i write in first person.still the outcome was negative.may be because my reports are big and it is not as per EA expectations. i am now thinking of compressing my 2500 words CDR to a 1500 words so whats your opinion?
You don't have to describe the project you worked for.

Use simple words, first person,I instead of we,our team.

Lastly, show your contribution to solve particular scenario

Rewrite in simple english with less technical info along with your multitasking abilities such as techno-commercial discussion or decisions you made which in turn helped the project or your work etc.

Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't have to describe the project you worked for.unfortunately i have explained my project from starting and solutions for problems

Use simple words, first person,I instead of we,our team.-yes i applied this

Lastly, show your contribution to solve particular scenario i have described solutions from my side and how effective it was

Rewrite in simple english with less technical info along with your multitasking abilities such as techno-commercial discussion or decisions you made which in turn helped the project or your work etc.thanks for this suggestion and it will save my time from writing a new CDR report.but i don't have much to discuss on commercial accept as i didn't deal with this

Good luck
thank you Moosa

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Cdrs were about 1500, not as long as yours. However, you can send (PM) me a portion of your cdr, hopefully, I could tell you the difference.
i am still a junior member of this forum so i cant use this faculty. i will sent you the copy once my profile gets uplifted and i hope you will have some time to go through that.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Hi srees1001,

You should use a good consultant to review your CDRs. You probably have very good material but you didn't know about the proper presentation format. My suggestion, it's a small price to pay for greater benefit. I can refer you to one I consulted if you are interested.

Good Luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi srees1001,

You should use a good consultant to review your CDRs. You probably have very good material but you didn't know about the proper presentation format. My suggestion, it's a small price to pay for greater benefit. I can refer you to one I consulted if you are interested.

Good Luck

Good you refer me to a good consultant! For reviewing my cdrs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi srees1001,

Good Luck

Good you refer me to a good consultant! For reviewing my cdrs.

*could you......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts