Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I am going through some stuff and it is very likely I will be getting a divorced from my Husband. I have already had a quick look on the Home Office page but I cant find everything.

Saying that, If it happens, when it happens... I have to let the Home Office know, which means I have to leave the UK within 28 days or switch (I'm guessing within 28 days also)? We have a 2 year old together which means I will be switching/applying for the parent one. I have a few questions.

Will I have to pay all the fees again including the health surcharge again?

I would have had been in the UK 5 years in Jan 2019 but my visa runs out in April 2019; When I switch to the parent one will I have to restart that again or do i keep adding to the years i already have accumulated leaving here?

Will I be able to have a Sponsor (my in-laws)?

I do not earn anywhere near enough. I am currently a part timer and I believe I will soon have to quit soon.

A bit more info: There was no domestic abuse and we have been married 5 years together 10.

Any other info would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help guys!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that answer nyclon. Anyone else know anything about this subject?

Joppa do you have any input on this.

I would really really appreciate any information.

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is something that hopefully can be fixed but divorce is a possibility, obviously. If for some reason it cant be fixed I would rather go through the process of the visa by myself or go back home instead of dragging it out just to gain citizenship. I wouldnt be able to do that. I want to stay here because it is the best thing for our child but if there is nothing to be done without the need to drag it out then unfortunately I will be heading back home. This is something that will either be fixed or not. We either do it together as a couple, I do it on my own or I go back to Mx... No other options.

Anyone, Any help will be much appreciated.. Please! I really need to know what to do next if we do decide to separate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.