Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

As I'm preparing my documents for completing my application, I'm currently writing my cover letter in support of my husband's cover letter (He's British, I'm American). I thought it would be best to request some help as I want to make sure if I'm on the right path to making this concise while containing the right amount of information - which has been hard for me to do! Please & Thank you!

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

NAME and I first met in late DATE of 2015 in the small city of LOCATION, USA among mutual friends at a local brewery. We instantly connected on the shared interests of travel, hoppy beer, and satirical authors. After exchanging contact details, NAME asked me on a date later that week. Since then, we have been in a romantic relationship for the past 2 years and 6 months.

Living in the same city, we maintained our relationship by making dinners together during the weekdays and spending our weekends exploring the surrounding wilderness and nearby towns. We often took weekend trips to LOCATION to spend time with my family as well as fun getaways to LOCATION and LOCATION.

On July DATE, NAME flew back home to LOCATION and traveled to LOCATION with friends until he returned back to LOCATION on DATE. During this time, we maintained our relationship through FaceTime video/audio, Snapchat, Facebook, and text messages.

In the beginning of DATE of 2016, NAME moved into the home I was renting with my two other friends/housemates after receiving my landlords, NAMES, approval. In the Spring, we decided to look for a place of our own and in the beginning of DATE of 2016, we moved into an apartment together with our dog, NAME. NAME surprised me with plane tickets to LOCATION and on September DATE, we spent a week together cruising up the coast to LOCATION where we flew back to LOCATION and then home to LOCATION.

On DATE, NAME accepted a job offer by EMPLOYER NAME in LOCATION and made arrangements to move back to the UK. We then made travel plans to spend a week together traveling/exploring LOCATION on DATE. I flew back on DATE and NAME flew to London on DATE to begin his new career.

We have maintained our relationship through FaceTime video/audio, Facebook messenger, Snapchat, and text messages. Between DATE and DATE, I celebrated my birthday on the 26th with NAME and his family in LOCATION, UK and explored LOCATION, UK and LOCATION, UK together.

On DATE, we gave notice of our plans to marry in LOCATION and arranged a simple ceremony for the DATE. I rented a car on DATE and embarked on a roadtrip to LOCATION with our dog. We had a simple ceremony at CHAPEL in LOCATION and celebrated our marriage together in LOCATION.

[include future plans]

Yours faithfully,

NAME

My apologies for removing personal information if it’s now harder to read!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good job! The cover letter is fine, it is not a mandatory requirement. Remember to try to include all hotel/travel receipts/boarding documents/photographs (no more than 30 photos total including wedding) for the places you have travelled to together. You can put these in an evidence of relationship appendix. You can give a little more detail about living together and the travel destinations in VAF 4A appendix 2. Use the additional information section and extra A4 sheet if you need more space which you likely will.

All you need to include in the future plans is where you and your husband intend to live and any job aspirations. Try not to go over 1 A4 page.

Your husbands letter should mirror yours with extra information about accommodation address, owner/rented, current employment and state

"I wholly commit to covering all of our expenditures and fully supporting myself and my wife financially, without any reliance on state aid in any form. "

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.