Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have been reading many threads on this Forum and it has really helped me out although I think I would feel fully confident only after I shared my story to get everyone thoughts on it. Therefore, I am writing this thread and I hope to get all the help I need.

I am an Indian and my Fiance is British. We plan to settle in the UK and I will be applying for my visa mid-January 2012.

My fiance pays Child Support for 2 children but they are not living with him. He does not meet them either. The current minimum balance for a couple says 105 pounds per week but for 2 children it moves upto 214 pounds.
I was wondering whether that would apply to this??? The children do not even live in the same city, let alone the same locality or house.
This is sort of stressing me out as we can show 115 pounds a week approximately but we can definitely not show 214 pounds!

Please help!

1. My Fiance is a Black Cab driver in Edinburgh. He pays and has receipts for his house rent and taxes.
2. We are not sure whether we should have the court wedding here in India and
apply for Spouse Visa or get a Fiancee Visa and then get married there.
3. He has a steady job as a taxi driver to support both of us till I am allowed to work. He saves around 110 pounds per week after paying everything.
4. I am a Textile Designer by profession and would like to work in a design firm or similar field once I can in Edinburgh.
5. My husband pays CSA for 2 children who do not live in the same city.
6. He will have bank statements from the last 3 months when I apply. His job is a cash job and he did not put his savings into the bank earlier but has started to since we found out that we need to show bank statements.
7. We meet each other every few months when he flies down to India. Other than that we chat online and talk on the phone everyday. We have records of everything.
8. He is not very rich but has a steady income and enough to be happy, lives in a nice place and will be able to support me.
9. I do not have any savings.

Things I would like to know please:

1. I read that he needs to show around 105 pounds per week in his bank account as proof that he can support me till needed. Some people say that its just a figure and really not the actual amount. Is there a certain amount of money that he has to show OR is it just showing a steady income and savings after paying all rent and taxes?

2. We would also like to know if I need to show any funds in my account or is it just his income we need to show? I do not have any savings. Would that affect my chances of a visa?

3. Is it higher chances with a Spouse Visa? If we cannot get married in time (as Indian offices make it very difficult to marry a foreigner), then we will apply for a Fiancee Visa.

I have tried to provide all the information I could think of. Please help us and let us know if there is anything else you think we would need to know.

Eagerly awaiting any help you can provide us,

Thanking You,

Neha Sharma

·
Registered
258 Posts
1. I read that he needs to show around 105 pounds per week in his bank account as proof that he can support me till needed. Some people say that its just a figure and really not the actual amount. Is there a certain amount of money that he has to show OR is it just showing a steady income and savings after paying all rent and taxes?
105 pounds per week is bare minimum. Try not to count on this figure too much as the rules are going to change from April 2012. My intentions are not to dishearten you but trying to ensure you are well prepared before you apply for your application. Currently, there is no fix amount that will prove you have overcome the financial threshold requirement. Steady income however will help your application that a flow of income is coming to your fiance every month.

2. We would also like to know if I need to show any funds in my account or is it just his income we need to show? I do not have any savings. Would that affect my chances of a visa?
It wold help if you have funds in your account but since your fiance is your sponsor, his finances is more significant than your own. If he or you can arrange a co-sponsor beside him, that would really help your application.

3. Is it higher chances with a Spouse Visa? If we cannot get married in time (as Indian offices make it very difficult to marry a foreigner), then we will apply for a Fiancee Visa.
Probability of getting spouse or fiance visa is approx. same as both visas, how I understand, requires you and your fiance can demonstrate you are financially secure and will not fall back onto Public benefits in the UK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
105 pounds per week is bare minimum. Try not to count on this figure too much as the rules are going to change from April 2012. My intentions are not to dishearten you but trying to ensure you are well prepared before you apply for your application. Currently, there is no fix amount that will prove you have overcome the financial threshold requirement. Steady income however will help your application that a flow of income is coming to your fiance every month.

It wold help if you have funds in your account but since your fiance is your sponsor, his finances is more significant than your own. If he or you can arrange a co-sponsor beside him, that would really help your application.

Probability of getting spouse or fiance visa is approx. same as both visas, how I understand, requires you and your fiance can demonstrate you are financially secure and will not fall back onto Public benefits in the UK.
When I make my application, my fiance will have around 2500 pounds in his account as well as 3 months bank statements showing a steady income.

He also lives in Edinburgh and not London where everything is double the price! Do they consider place of residence as well because some are more expensive and some cities are cheaper?

It is difficult for us to get a sponsor :( as his parents and mine cannot provide with us any funds.

·
Registered
258 Posts
When I make my application, my fiance will have around 2500 pounds in his account as well as 3 months bank statements showing a steady income.

He also lives in Edinburgh and not London where everything is double the price! Do they consider place of residence as well because some are more expensive and some cities are cheaper?

It is difficult for us to get a sponsor :( as his parents and mine cannot provide with us any funds.
Having steady income is a very positive point in yours and your fiance's favor. 3 months bank statements also is good but again you rather have 4-6 months than 3 months. My wife and I are submitting 6 months of bank statements even though they only asked for "minimum 3 months" ...it is kind of taking a chance as they may contact your fiance and ask for bank statements prior to 3 months.

Does he make decent amount of money per month? And does he have his own place to live. He should be able to demonstrate he can provide accommodation to you when you move to Edinburgh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having steady income is a very positive point in yours and your fiance's favor. 3 months bank statements also is good but again you rather have 4-6 months than 3 months. My wife and I are submitting 6 months of bank statements even though they only asked for "minimum 3 months" ...it is kind of taking a chance as they may contact your fiance and ask for bank statements prior to 3 months.

Does he make decent amount of money per month? And does he have his own place to live. He should be able to demonstrate he can provide accommodation to you when you move to Edinburgh.

Yes he lives in one of the nicest areas of Edinburgh and has proof to show that he pays his rent on time always and has a 2 bedrooms house just for us. We can provide letters of approval from his current and previous Landlord.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes he lives in one of the nicest areas of Edinburgh and has proof to show that he pays his rent on time always and has a 2 bedrooms house just for us. We can provide letters of approval from his current and previous Landlord.
Excellent. At least in accommodation your case looks strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.