Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I wondered if someone is able to shed some light on me and my wifes situation.

Im a British national living in Japan with my life, who is Japanese. We got married in February this year. We just read up on this Youth Mobility Scheme giving her the chance to come to the UK for 2 years. For anyone who doesnt know its very difficult for Japanese to get this, as you are basically chosen at random and there are only two 2-day slots per year. Anyway, in July they are taking another 200 people.

We have decided just to apply to see if we get lucky, however her passport is still in her maiden Japanese name. We have only just found this out and dont have time to change the name in the passport unfortunately. Its no big deal if we cant, but I just wondered what would happen if we apply for the visa using her current passport *it is in date and valid* and then once approved we update the name and get a new passport, is this possible? Is this breaking any laws?

I would appreciate some advice.

PS - Of course I know this is our fault a we should have just updated the passport straight away. given our situation, I just wondered if this is possible or not.

Thank you!

David

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Passport name shouldn't matter for application.
When she changes her passport, and if there is more than 3 months validity left on her BRP, she will have to get a new BRP. She should do this after arriving in UK to avoid the problem of having her vignette on her cancelled passport.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.