Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone here can help

My partner and I have been living together in the UK since August 2012. I have a UK Ancestry Visa which expires July 2017, my partner has a Youth Mobility Scheme (Tier 5) Visa which expires July 2014. We are wanting to remain in the UK and for my partner to switch to a UK Ancestry Visa as my Unmarried Partner.

We have been living together since we arrived in the UK, which would only be 23 months at the time of my partner's visa expiration (July 2014). We will have reached 2 years in August 2014.

Does this mean my partner will have to leave the UK on July 2014, and wait until August 2014 until applying for the UK Ancestry Visa from Australia? Also, can we submit the application form in July 2014 but have the visa start date from August 2014 onwards, to minimise the wait time for the new visa to be processed, etc?

Thanks very much for your help/advice.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
First, any application as partner/dependant of an ancestry visa holder must be made in Australia. It isn't possible to switch into this category in UK.
Secondly, applying in August 2014 should be ok, as times apart are allowed for holidays and trips back to see families in Australia. Marriage will make it a lot simpler, however.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.