Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Friends,

I have done my B.A.(Bachelors in english) and B.ED.(SPL ED)Bachelors in Special education and about to complete my normal B.ED(Bachelors in Education) too, will I get assessed as an early childhood teacher in Australia?i have 5 years of experience in Teaching early years kids in an international school in New Delhi, india and my Ielts SCORE IS 8 in each,I would really appreciate if i can get some help as am fed up of talking to scruplous immigration agents who keep telling me different things,i SENT MY ASSESSMENT last year to AITSL and they said all though i have Bachelors in special education i still need a formal qualification to be a teacher which is a NORMAL B.ED in india which am about to finish.

regards

G

·
Yes providing your supervised practice meets the requirements but I understand in India no university has enough supervised practice. Your work experience doesnt count as it was not part of the course and supervised and its not skilled to gain points from it anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi

Yes providing your supervised practice meets the requirements but I understand in India no university has enough supervised practice. Your work experience doesnt count as it was not part of the course and supervised and its not skilled to gain points from it anyway.

Dear Shell,

thank you for your response, are you a teacher yourself or an immigration consultant?i will have 45 days of supervised teaching experience shown on my make sheet,no in india if you do your bachelors from a recognized universities 45 days supervised teaching is a must to complete your degree.Any more info will be highly appreciated.

rgds

G

·
I am neither but it was my understanding from many other posters that Indian universities offer only 30 days, some a little more but non 45. I have seen many be rejected for not meeting that requirement. Will you have evidence within the course and module handbooks that it is 45 days for every student? The mark sheet is not relevant but what the course offers as standard. Which university do you study at as others would be interested to know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI

I am neither but it was my understanding from many other posters that Indian universities offer only 30 days, some a little more but non 45. I have seen many be rejected for not meeting that requirement. Will you have evidence within the course and module handbooks that it is 45 days for every student? The mark sheet is not relevant but what the course offers as standard. Which university do you study at as others would be interested to know.
Well I can't say about others but as a rule the university offers 45 days supervised teaching(that is what i have been told by them)as a curriculum as I got the 45 days period in my BACHELORS IN SPECIAL EDUCATION too and have it written on university letter head.

Am pursuing my bachelors from a NOOSR approved university called DR C.V. RAMAN UNIVERSITY.

I really want to do this for my kids but don't know if my endeavor to keep studying to match ausi requirement is going to fetch any fruits.I am also doing my diploma is early childhood education from india which will get over in march next year,will that make my case stronger and be helpful ?

Also have another query,if you could help,my husband has 20 years of experience in procurement and sourcing of apparels and has a friend who owns a very big diary product co in melbourne and is keen to sponsor him on 457,and called him three weeks back that he got his co approved as a sponsored from DIAC but he hasn't heard anything after that,has no news etc no forms filled,is the guy serious and what is left now if he said his co got sponsored,does it mean anything.

rgds

G

·
If you have the 45 days you will be fine with skills assessment and will have no problem registering to teach with the state. You will have high skills in demand that you should get a placement from the state in a school to teach even without the early childhood diploma :)

If this friend is just applying for eligibility to be a sponsor then he has to nominate the position he wants to appoint your husband to it can take some time before your hubby can actually apply for a visa. The company have a lot to prove to DIBP first regarding their company, staff training requirements and how they have tried to fill the post inside Australia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

If you have the 45 days you will be fine with skills assessment and will have no problem registering to teach with the state. You will have high skills in demand that you should get a placement from the state in a school to teach even without the early childhood diploma :)

If this friend is just applying for eligibility to be a sponsor then he has to nominate the position he wants to appoint your husband to it can take some time before your hubby can actually apply for a visa. The company have a lot to prove to DIBP first regarding their company, staff training requirements and how they have tried to fill the post inside Australia.

No actually he met my husband in January this year and really liked him and said he would like to hire him and then followed it up with couple of mails saying that he has asked his co lawyer to start process etc,and then three weeks back he called and said his co got approval from the authorities to be a sponsor and my husband should be ready to be there in 1-3 months but we haven't heard anything since then, I have heard after getting approval as a sponsor the co needs to nominate a position from CSOL,we don't even know what position is he or his lawyer thinking to nominate in the co. and/or if there is a position which matches my husbands profile, we have seen one and they have added it this year ,that of, procurement manager but whats your view will they allow the co to hire a guy from fashion world into a dairy product company?

Rgds

RGDS

G

·
The product doesn't matter if the role is the same and skills are transferable.

The CO doesn't nominate the position the company does and the process can take a while.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The product doesn't matter if the role is the same and skills are transferable.

The CO doesn't nominate the position the company does and the process can take a while.
I know, sorry by co, i meant company(co.)But he has been without a job for last 1.5 years but prior to that he's had a very successful and un interrupted career at very senior levels in big companies in sourcing and procurement of fashion clothing from all over the world.does a break matter? Is 457 easy to get as compared to other visas and do they expect a lot of documentation from the employee too.

can u suggest a migration agent who is genuine and knowledgable and not here to fleece people for money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi

i know, sorry by co, i meant company(co.)but he has been without a job for last 1.5 years but prior to that he's had a very successful and un interrupted career at very senior levels in big companies in sourcing and procurement of fashion clothing from all over the world.does a break matter? Is 457 easy to get as compared to other visas and do they expect a lot of documentation from the employee too.

Can u suggest a migration agent who is genuine and knowledgable and not here to fleece people for money.
ni response from you.lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts