Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
Im new to the forum so please bare with me if this question has been answered on countless occasions.

Myself and My wife and Newborn are desperate to re-locate. We currently live in the UK but are fed up of the state of the country and want to make a better life for ourselves and son.
We have decided on perhaps Europe maybe Cyrpus or Greece or Canada and the USA. We have ruled out Australia and New Zealand due to distance from Family.

Basically we are after advice. I am a Prison Officer and my wife is a drug worker we are not neccessarly after working in these professions or even having careers but we wont to make sure we can afford to live when we make the move and we are not broke.

Can anyone offer advice for possible countries to look into, job paths to look down or websites that might help as we seem to be drawing blanks. We only speak English so i cant see how we could earn enough in Europe to live as it would be a poor paid job we would have to get and i cant see how to gain work in the USA or Canada as i dont know where to start looking at Jobs and how to be accepted in the country as i dont think we meet Visa Requirements.

We are desperate to move an willing to do anything but we need to make sure that we are going to be financially secure.

Please can anyone help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should also consider south coasts of Turkey such as Bodrum, Marmaris, Dalyan, Antalya etc. The life is cheap and quiet for foreigners over there. Turkish people are very hospitable and friendly, weather is very nice whole year in south coast. And Turkish food..Excellent!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts