Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone below is my timeline and I have a question,
Does anyone knows how long it might take for the visa outcome after sending the additional documents ? I received two emails on 2nd august 2017 which was the 59th day from the date I went for biometrics, first email stated that the case isn't straightforward and the second email asked for additional documents like my fiancé's passport copy, proof for wedding enquiries and my English test. We already submitted the documents and received it back so it was a bit strange when they demanded these documents again. Can anyone explain me what's going on ? I don't want to wait another 12 weeks to hear from them. Please need some information for the same. It's a very depressing state for me and my fiance.

Country applying from: INDIA
Type of visa applied for: FIANCÉ
Partner/Fiancé - Non-Priority
Date application submitted (online or in person): Online Submission April 18th, 2017
Date biometrics taken: May 10th, 2017
Email received for application received: May 20th, 2017
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: May 25th, 2017
Documents received back from Sheffield: 12 June 2017
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: 60 Days
Date Additional Documentation was Requested: August 2nd, 2017
Date Email was received deeming Application not Straightforward: August 2nd, 2017
Date additional documents were mailed: August 4th, 2017
Date your visa was received: STILL WAITING (Day 67)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Other people have waited a lot longer than that before getting a response.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other people have waited a lot longer than that before getting a response.
I know that. I am just worried why would they ask me to send the documents again even after I sent them in the first place. Are they just buying time ? First they said case isn't straightforward then they demand documents that were already sent. I wish I could knew some timeframe that it may take like a month or another 3 months ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, the situation at Sheffield is such that they often ask for documents already submitted, either to buy extra time or because they use poorly-trained staff.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the situation at Sheffield is such that they often ask for documents already submitted, either to buy extra time or because they use poorly-trained staff.
Seems like that. Anyways, I haven't been long on this website. Can you advice me what to do ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not much. You can get in touch with your UK partner's MP to intervene, but other people's experience hasn't been very encouraging. Just a generic reply like the case is still under consideration without stating the timeframe. Perhaps Home Office doesn't know how long it will take.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey everyone below is my timeline and I have a question,
Does anyone knows how long it might take for the visa outcome after sending the additional documents ? I received two emails on 2nd august 2017 which was the 59th day from the date I went for biometrics, first email stated that the case isn't straightforward and the second email asked for additional documents like my fiancé's passport copy, proof for wedding enquiries and my English test. We already submitted the documents and received it back so it was a bit strange when they demanded these documents again. Can anyone explain me what's going on ? I don't want to wait another 12 weeks to hear from them. Please need some information for the same. It's a very depressing state for me and my fiance.

Country applying from: INDIA
Type of visa applied for: FIANCÉ
Partner/Fiancé - Non-Priority
Date application submitted (online or in person): Online Submission April 18th, 2017
Date biometrics taken: May 10th, 2017
Email received for application received: May 20th, 2017
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: May 25th, 2017
Documents received back from Sheffield: 12 June 2017
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: 60 Days
Date Additional Documentation was Requested: August 2nd, 2017
Date Email was received deeming Application not Straightforward: August 2nd, 2017
Date additional documents were mailed: August 4th, 2017
Date your visa was received: STILL WAITING (Day 67)

What proof of wedding planning is required?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Record of correspondence with the registrar or clergy (for Church of England marriage). Similar with wedding venue, reception venue. Receipts for rings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.