Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I applied my assessment last August 23. Waiting approx. 3 months and last saturday i got my result. And to my surprise it is not the result i am expecting since i have calculated my requirements properly before i passed it. I have 5 years of experience as an SAP technical consultant ( applying for analyst programmer ANZSCO Code 261311 ). :( The negative result is due to my educational assessment where my bachelor's degree of computer enginner (5 year course) from a known school here in the Philippines was assessed only as AQF advanced diploma. Since i only got a diploma accreditation, the requirement experience yrs is 6 so i failed the requirement.

I have a friend who applied last year and at first was assessed as AQF advance diploma then after appealing that he was from a known school here in the country and should be granted bachelor's equivalent and not advance diploma, was given a new assessment of Bachelor's degree.

Can anyone help me decide should i go for appeal and risk ( coz i have seen in some thread that the assessment sometimes is not consistent) or should i just wait for next yr when i already have the 6 yrs experience.

Thanks in advance for your inputs! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I applied my assessment last August 23. Waiting approx. 3 months and last saturday i got my result. And to my surprise it is not the result i am expecting since i have calculated my requirements properly before i passed it. I have 5 years of experience as an SAP technical consultant ( applying for analyst programmer ANZSCO Code 261311 ). :( The negative result is due to my educational assessment where my bachelor's degree of computer enginner (5 year course) from a known school here in the Philippines was assessed only as AQF advanced diploma. Since i only got a diploma accreditation, the requirement experience yrs is 6 so i failed the requirement.

I have a friend who applied last year and at first was assessed as AQF advance diploma then after appealing that he was from a known school here in the country and should be granted bachelor's equivalent and not advance diploma, was given a new assessment of Bachelor's degree.

Can anyone help me decide should i go for appeal and risk ( coz i have seen in some thread that the assessment sometimes is not consistent) or should i just wait for next yr when i already have the 6 yrs experience.

Yes, appeal immediately. Equating a 5 -years degree effort to 1 year diploma can be so annoying and absolutely unfair.

You can send your CO an elaborate email detailing the all the courses you undertook and how they relate to the occupation you applied for. You would most likely get a positive feedback from him or her without officially submitting a formal appeal process.

Wish you all the best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Maverick!

Thank you for the positive words. :) I am greatly considering the appeal at the moment. With sending my CO an elaborate email, do you mean just replying to the sender of my ACS assessment result? Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, appeal immediately. Equating a 5 -years degree effort to 1 year diploma can be so annoying and absolutely unfair.

You can send your CO an elaborate email detailing the all the courses you undertook and how they relate to the occupation you applied for. You would most likely get a positive feedback from him or her without officially submitting a formal appeal process.

Wish you all the best.
Hi Maverick!

Thank you for the positive words. I am greatly considering the appeal at the moment. With sending my CO an elaborate email, do you mean just replying to the sender of my ACS assessment result? Thanks again!

G

·

Wish you all the best.
An Australian diploma is not 1 year, they are generally 2 sometimes 3 years long. The length of the course is generally irrelevant. They focus on the modules and at what level it was taught at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Wish you all the best.
An Australian diploma is not 1 year, they are generally 2 sometimes 3 years long. The length of the course is generally irrelevant. They focus on the modules and at what level it was taught at.
Thanks _shel for your input. Yes, i have read that advanced diploma is around 2 to 3 yrs long. is the school sometimes relevant in their decision?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi All,

Joan,

Something similar happened to me, not with education but with experience. They did not consider my 3 yrs current experience stating that some info was missing.

The best way to resolve this is to follow up. I could have called them 4-5 times and requested to speak to the CO. Though I could not get chance to talk to her anytime, I kept my phone on hold and they use to pass the message. I also email them and requested.

In conclusion, try to provide the reference you already have and ask them why in my case it is not being considered. Also, try to put your request positively. Convince that I can go for re-evaluation but this will just waste my time and money. Why can't you consider in first place itself.

I am very positive this would surely help.

All the best buddy.

Thanks,
-Pk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joan,

Something similar happened to me, not with education but with experience. They did not consider my 3 yrs current experience stating that some info was missing.

The best way to resolve this is to follow up. I could have called them 4-5 times and requested to speak to the CO. Though I could not get chance to talk to her anytime, I kept my phone on hold and they use to pass the message. I also email them and requested.

In conclusion, try to provide the reference you already have and ask them why in my case it is not being considered. Also, try to put your request positively. Convince that I can go for re-evaluation but this will just waste my time and money. Why can't you consider in first place itself.

I am very positive this would surely help.

All the best buddy.

Thanks,
-Pk
Thanks a lot PK! I will email them in the most positive way i can and request to be reconsidered. :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts