Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! 33 days left on YMS visa - urgent advice for spousal switch

676 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  topo morto 
#1 ·
Hi all,

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for five years and only recently started considering the option of switching my YMS visa to spouse. However, I am reading online that we will need more than 70 days processing time.

Could you please advise whether
(1) We can still switch with only 30 days left by using the premiere service
(2) If not, how long would it take to apply for the fiance visa in my homecountry (Taiwan?)
(3) Or wait for my company to sponsor me in my home country (they are small and need to apply for a license)

Can someone advise me regarding their experience? Did you need to hire a lawyer? I am adverse to Option 3 as I believe it will take the longest amount of time.

Thank you!

#3 ·
You can't switch to a fiancé incountry. It can only be applied for from outside of the UK.

The notice period for marriage is at least 28 days but up to 70 days since you are on Tier 5 visa so you are pushing it.

Unless your job is on the shortage occupation list, the chances that your employer can sponsor you are slim.

#6 ·
You can't switch to a fiancé incountry. It can only be applied for from outside of the UK.
I don't know about switching to *fiancé*, but somone I knew recently switched from YMS to FLR(M) as a spouse without leaving the country. Is that not a standard thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.