Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for five years and only recently started considering the option of switching my YMS visa to spouse. However, I am reading online that we will need more than 70 days processing time.

Could you please advise whether
(1) We can still switch with only 30 days left by using the premiere service
(2) If not, how long would it take to apply for the fiance visa in my homecountry (Taiwan?)
(3) Or wait for my company to sponsor me in my home country (they are small and need to apply for a license)

Can someone advise me regarding their experience? Did you need to hire a lawyer? I am adverse to Option 3 as I believe it will take the longest amount of time.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question I have is, if it is too late to go for the Spousal route, can I switch to fiance visa or apply from within the country?

My biggest priority is to decrease the amount of time I am away from the UK as both my partner and work are here.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
You can't switch to a fiancé incountry. It can only be applied for from outside of the UK.

The notice period for marriage is at least 28 days but up to 70 days since you are on Tier 5 visa so you are pushing it.

Unless your job is on the shortage occupation list, the chances that your employer can sponsor you are slim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi NycLon!

Thanks for the advice. So it seems that my only choice at the moment is the fiance visa route.

My job is not on the jobs shortage list, but I work in finance in a small private investment company. Would this make a difference?

·
Registered
480 Posts
You can't switch to a fiancé incountry. It can only be applied for from outside of the UK.
I don't know about switching to *fiancé*, but somone I knew recently switched from YMS to FLR(M) as a spouse without leaving the country. Is that not a standard thing?

·
Registered
480 Posts
The OP isn't married.
Aha sorry - I was reading too late and missed the 'boyfriend' bit - only saw 'spouse'.

What about if they'd been living together for 2 years? Would unmarried partner be an option?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.