Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone..

Been reading this forum for quite a while and finally had the courage to join it. its pretty helpful and given me lots of answers to questions i had. however i have noticed majority of the post are based on people applying for a subclass 300 visa / skilled workers visas etc.. !

so far i have not come across even one thread of a person applying on a: Subclass 461 New Zealand Citizen Family relationship Visa for Australia. (i am joining my Husband who lives in Oz)

i thought id start a thread as their might be many people out there like me applying for a visa in this subclass - it'd be nice to exchange stories/tips/advice etc..

i have sent off for my PCC at the ASCO in london - however postal strikes are going on at the moment -so lets see how long it takes before i get back the PCC.

Was almost about to send of my application form for the visa and then realised the forms have been updated - great!!

anyway will keep you updated on my timeline for the whole visa process - am sure it will be somewhat interest to someone who is applying in this Subclass!!:)

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi northerndeli82,

I'm not in your visa subclass but wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Where will you be moving to in Australia?

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Karen

Thnks for offically welcoming me to the forum! :)

i'm moving to Sydney. Where are you based, you liking it in Oz? you missing England?

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
i'm moving to Sydney. Where are you based, you liking it in Oz? you missing England?
We're based in SE South Australia and we love it here. We didn't want to be in a major city - we'd had enough of that in the UK.

We did LOADS of planning and knew we were moving to an area where they had clubs that we could join and quickly become part of the community.

We've been here over 2 years now and not missed England at all. We've missed family and friends but not the UK.

Any particular reason why you're moving to Sydney?

Regards,
Karen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts