Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have currently lodged my application for 489 State Sponsored New South Wales currently application is in process, but worried for PR as this is provisional visa could you help with the below queries

if i can get State Sponsorship for 190 now, do i need to pay the full fees again i.e 6000 plus Australian dollars. or since my 489 is under process with CO i can change the application to 190 and not pay the fees again?

Is there any restriction that since i have lodged 489 i cannot try for 190 from other states?

Thank you...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I have currently lodged my application for 489 State Sponsored New South Wales currently application is in process, but worried for PR as this is provisional visa could you help with the below queries

if i can get State Sponsorship for 190 now, do i need to pay the full fees again i.e 6000 plus Australian dollars. or since my 489 is under process with CO i can change the application to 190 and not pay the fees again?

Is there any restriction that since i have lodged 489 i cannot try for 190 from other states?

Thank you...
You can't change. Once you get your visa, then you need to try for 190 again.There is no restrictions.

But I am not sure if you will get 190 grant or not since you are supposed to perform 2 year obligation with 489. Not sure if CO will not like it or not when you lodge 190 without performing the 489 obligations.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thanks for the reply. I see you got 65 points without SS, still not got ITA?

You can't change. Once you get your visa, then you need to try for 190 again.There is no restrictions.

But I am not sure if you will get 190 grant or not since you are supposed to perform 2 year obligation with 489. Not sure if CO will not like it or not when you lodge 190 without performing the 489 obligations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts