Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. First of, my dark secret, I'm not an expat. But I would love to be one. I was hoping you all could help that happen. I'd love to live in Europe, I'm unsure which eu country but I'm open. I'm a software developer who dabbles in android development. Is there any demand for that in Europe? Is there anything I can do to better my CV to perspective employers? Thanks in advance you lucky people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
editing post

It occurs to me I didn't live much information. I tried editing my post but couldn't.

I'm an American, mainly a web developer but with experience work in Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and other platforms. My reason for the move is the adventure plus a healthy wanderlust. I've lived in America my whole life and I really want to experience another world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured out how to edit posts. The little arrow that points down on the right under the oost time if will give you a list including Edit :) I hope that helps you.

·
Administrator
49,458 Posts
One biggie that would make you more interesting to European employers would be to have a second (or third) language at a workable level. Despite the universality of English on the Internet, most businesses use the local language in day to day conversation. And, you'll need the local language for doing your errands, and all the little administrative details.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ty Bev

Thanks for the input. I would love to learn another language. I'm fairly proficient in French and learning Spanish now but really I'm up for anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts