Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am looking for some honest advice/opinions.
My family is looking to make a big change and have an "adventure" for a few years. Hubby is a pilot, and has just started looking into flying jobs out there.
We have two boys, ages 4 and 7.
I know nothing about Dubai, except the indoor ski mountain. : )
My major concerns are the safety of my family while living there, and my boys education.
I would love all advice and opinions you may be able to offer.
Are any of you pilots?
Do many American women work there? I don't know if I would want to work or not, but it would be nice to have info incase I wanted to.
What are good areas to live in?
How are the schools?
Thanks so much, I appreciate all your help.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i fly but not professionally, in process of doing my PPL.

Dubai is very safe so no real worries there, people with kids on here will be able to tell you education options...

pilot jobs are quite hard to find out here at the moment, loads of pilots lost there jobs in UK and USA and have been snapped up by all the middle east airlines, they are only really hiring and training UAE nationals at the moment.

on the other hand you could try cargo carriers? what does he do at the moment?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Working American Women

Hi all,
I am looking for some honest advice/opinions.
My family is looking to make a big change and have an "adventure" for a few years. Hubby is a pilot, and has just started looking into flying jobs out there.
We have two boys, ages 4 and 7.
I know nothing about Dubai, except the indoor ski mountain. : )
My major concerns are the safety of my family while living there, and my boys education.
I would love all advice and opinions you may be able to offer.
Are any of you pilots?
Do many American women work there? I don't know if I would want to work or not, but it would be nice to have info incase I wanted to.
What are good areas to live in?
How are the schools?
Thanks so much, I appreciate all your help.

It is generally safe here apart from crazy drivers. If you live further away from the heart of the city (Deira, Bur Dubai) it will feel more suburban. I know a couple of American pilots with families here and yes, wives often take part time jobs or what not. There's an American Women's Association that you should be able to find online that will help you get plugged in and perhaps find employment. Don't have kids so I can't advise on schools but just make sure they give your husband a hefty education allowance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.