Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I'm new to this forum and
1-I'd be happy to connect with anyone who is also in the Greece forum.
2-I'd also like to hear from you about how I can buy some property and shift to Greece, what to keep in mind etc.

About self:I am an Indian permanently living and married in Russia since 1984, a globetrotter and have been to Greece twice in 2008 & 2009 on vacations and I am positively in to shifting to Thesalonik area for a after retirement retreat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hello Elen!
Thanks for the reply. Im still new to this forum and have yet to know how everything works.

1) I am planning to check initially a ground floor 3 room flat(2 bedroom) say around 60sq metres not old or in need of renovation. Hopefully should have electric heating, 220 volts electricity, hot water facility, a natural fireplace, enough water pressure to make a washing machine work,It could be located say 500 metres away from the sea beach. Since I plan to keep a hyundai accent car it can be not very far from the village/town.

Optional are:Swimming Pool/verandah/Additional land to the flat.

In fact I saw Neo Fokea, Mudania, Kalithea and I liked these places.

2) I am a multilingual communicative guy (I know 5 languages) so Im sure within 6-8 months I can do a course at the Aristotles University in Greek.

3) Although I am ok on my finances but IF possible id like to be busy.
Certainly not a sloggish job but something to keep me busy, moving.
It could be a small family bizness. Though my priority is to ENJOY my life as I have slogged enough!
Any advise?

4) I also wanted to know what is the monthly need for a family of three if u have a flat, a car and spend your money accurately!

5) What are the problems people usually face when they shift to Greece?
health issues etc

6) How is winter in these places?

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Hello Elen!
Thanks for the reply. Im still new to this forum and have yet to know how everything works.

1) I am planning to check initially a ground floor 3 room flat(2 bedroom) say around 60sq metres not old or in need of renovation. Hopefully should have electric heating, 220 volts electricity, hot water facility, a natural fireplace, enough water pressure to make a washing machine work,It could be located say 500 metres away from the sea beach. Since I plan to keep a hyundai accent car it can be not very far from the village/town.

Optional are:Swimming Pool/verandah/Additional land to the flat.

In fact I saw Neo Fokea, Mudania, Kalithea and I liked these places.

2) I am a multilingual communicative guy (I know 5 languages) so Im sure within 6-8 months I can do a course at the Aristotles University in Greek.

3) Although I am ok on my finances but IF possible id like to be busy.
Certainly not a sloggish job but something to keep me busy, moving.
It could be a small family bizness. Though my priority is to ENJOY my life as I have slogged enough!
Any advise?

4) I also wanted to know what is the monthly need for a family of three if u have a flat, a car and spend your money accurately!

5) What are the problems people usually face when they shift to Greece?
health issues etc

6) How is winter in these places?

Who is Elen?
Is she some invisible being that only you can see?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Who is Elen?
Is she some invisible being that only you can see?
Hi Veronica!
As I said before Im still quite new to your forum and its features.
I got this today from Elena on the forum (Maybe she is a visitor??)

------------
Today 09:20 AM - permalinkelen
Hi,
what kind of land would you be looking for (in town, by the sea, etc - let me know and maybe i can help!
---------------

I am an experienced forum user but then each forum has some features of its own.
In any case do help me to understand the working of your forum so that i can interact with its members. :))
Thnks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts