Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly, i would like to say that i have been reading through a lot of different threads here and it seems this site has a lot of members who are generally willing to help others. Some of your responses are simular to my situation however i would like to ask if anyone has further advice. Many thanks in advance.

I am currently 26 and have been living in Sydney on a 457 visa for almost 2 years. i have been together with my philo girlfriend now who is 24 for almost 12 months but not actually living together. She works for the same company as me just in Manila where i work in Sydney. We met last May 2009 when she was sent to Sydney to work for almost 3 months.. when she left we stayed in contact and i was then sent to Manila to work in October 2009 and i am still here working in Manila. We plan to get married on March 5th 2010 and i will return back to Sydney a few days later..

The plan is to add her to my current 457 as a 2nd applicant after we are married. My employer knows her very well and is happy to extend the obligations to her under my visa.

Can i ask if anyone has been in this situation before and has an idea of the processing times or any other complications i should be aware of?

i.e. should we be worried about anything? in your opinon, would this situation be ok?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
The case should be straightforward. You might want to ask Immi if she can accompany you when you return to AU and if she can given a 457 onshore in AU.

Firstly, i would like to say that i have been reading through a lot of different threads here and it seems this site has a lot of members who are generally willing to help others. Some of your responses are simular to my situation however i would like to ask if anyone has further advice. Many thanks in advance.

I am currently 26 and have been living in Sydney on a 457 visa for almost 2 years. i have been together with my philo girlfriend now who is 24 for almost 12 months but not actually living together. She works for the same company as me just in Manila where i work in Sydney. We met last May 2009 when she was sent to Sydney to work for almost 3 months.. when she left we stayed in contact and i was then sent to Manila to work in October 2009 and i am still here working in Manila. We plan to get married on March 5th 2010 and i will return back to Sydney a few days later..

The plan is to add her to my current 457 as a 2nd applicant after we are married. My employer knows her very well and is happy to extend the obligations to her under my visa.

Can i ask if anyone has been in this situation before and has an idea of the processing times or any other complications i should be aware of?

i.e. should we be worried about anything? in your opinon, would this situation be ok?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The case should be straightforward. You might want to ask Immi if she can accompany you when you return to AU and if she can given a 457 onshore in AU.
thanks for the response...

How would she be able to accompany me when i return to AU? what type of visa would be valid ?

i thought about a tourist visa - but the cost is high PLUS the fact that immigration do not look kindly upon people who apply for one visa just as a gate way to then apply for another visa whilst in AU.

i.e. - tourist visa is just to visit... not to then apply onshore.. i only say this as i do not want anything to go wrong however, if there is a way she can leave manila when i do then thats sounds great! just wondering how?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts