Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, that means you guys!

Well we finally moved into our new abode on October 1st so it will be one calendar month on Friday :D

We're sort of unpacked, we keep getting distracted by the view from the roof terrace and walking the wuffa on the mountain but hey ho, there's no rush. Having said that, the one thing we need to do which we still haven't done is sort out our phone and internet and get the tv sorted (before my boys go ballistic from the lack of cbeebies and cbbc). We've been catching up on the pile of unopened dvd's that have been sitting since last Christmas and the Christmas before. Our internet at the moment is from the nice people at Fon and it's stinging us 14.99€ for five days! it's not the most reliable either as the signal is poor - probably down to the fact that it's coming from down the road. It's given me access to here though so it's serving a purpose :D

Super bonus in our village too, we have a Sunday market and the village shops are open on a Sunday morning, fantastic as the rest of France sleeps on a Sunday :D:D

Feeling at ease with the world - after moving in to drains blocked with concrete which took a week to sort out, thankfully our village has plenty of public loos :p

·
Administrator
50,027 Posts
Welcome back! Sounds like you're settling in with the standard array of "teething pains" that need to be sorted out. But the important thing is that you're here and the adventure is beginning.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even with all the poop (literally) in the first week, and the unpacked boxes, it felt like home once the beds were up, and even in the middle of the poop hassle just climbing the stairs to the roof terrace and taking in the view made it all melt away. Whether the weather is good or bad the views fill you with a feeling of well being - even the storms :)
Lol, I might be telling a different story once we've encountered the mistral and the snow in the winter but I'm looking forward to it non the less. Home is definitely where the heart is :love:

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Great! Perhaps you'd like to update your "Location" so we know where you are. Most of us have been through the hassle of arriving, unpacking, finding all the things the workmen did or didn't do despite your clear instructions, etc. etc.

We will have been living here five years on Monday 4th November and likewise haven't regretted it one bit. We, too, have great views (see in my forum photo albums).

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Welcome back to our virtual world, Dorinda.

Happy house-warming - just the season for it.

h x

Reactions: DizzyDorinda

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great! Perhaps you'd like to update your "Location" so we know where you are. Most of us have been through the hassle of arriving, unpacking, finding all the things the workmen did or didn't do despite your clear instructions, etc. etc.

We will have been living here five years on Monday 4th November and likewise haven't regretted it one bit. We, too, have great views (see in my forum photo albums).
Aaaaaah, your photos reind me of why we originally were going to move to Spain, I adore the Spanish mountains :eek:

Mind you the Maures mountains here in Provence are beautiful too :eek:

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Aaaaaah, your photos reind me of why we originally were going to move to Spain, I adore the Spanish mountains :eek:

Mind you the Maures mountains here in Provence are beautiful too :eek:
Oy! there's nowt wrong with my Auvergnat mountains and volcanoes either ..... - or, indeed, the backbone of Corsica.

:D

NB - for non-Brits, anything over about 100m is a mountain/Monroe for us, so don't get on my case about topological terminology!

Reactions: DizzyDorinda

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, Hils I love any mountains but the Spanish mountains with their wonderful warm breezes in the summer and the vastness of the views were what initially made me want to up sticks and leave the greyness of blighty.

Yesterday the boys and I dragged Ian (the significant other) up to the top of one of ours which has a fort on it then across to the other which has a huge cross on it, the views from the top are fantastic, just a vast expanse of mountains and valleys. Absolute bliss :happy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.