Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my name is ben. my wife & I have decided, after many years, to move with our 9 year old son from the UK to fredrickton - New Brunswick (my wife has an aunt & cousins there). we have done the research and know where to live - almost down to the street!.

question 1
is it true the quickest way to live and work in canada is having secured employment before applying for a sponsership visa.

if you secure a job, can you start work whilst the visa application is in process as it can take , fast track, up to a year.

I have ordered a book about employment and work/living which has not arrived yet....am I wasting time looking for work online - should I come out and spend 6 months on my own looking for a job? in other words - will employers take any notice of overseas interest via the net?

I currently work here in the UK in retirement housing for the over 55's managing 9 developments. does anyone have any useful business contacts in fredrickton in this area?

it is possible i will be made redundant in 3 weeks time. how can I accelerate
a move for my family to canada. i do not want to waste time getting a job here in the UK when our objective is to permanently live and work in canada.

thank you for taking the time to read our first post.

:clap2:

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
hi, my name is ben. my wife & I have decided, after many years, to move with our 9 year old son from the UK to fredrickton - New Brunswick (my wife has an aunt & cousins there). we have done the research and know where to live - almost down to the street!.
Welcome to the site.

question 1
is it true the quickest way to live and work in canada is having secured employment before applying for a sponsership visa.
Firstly your wife's aunt cannot sponsor her/you/your child into Canada. To get into Canada you require to have pre-arranged employment

if you secure a job, can you start work whilst the visa application is in process as it can take , fast track, up to a year.
You are not allowed to work in Canada without a TWP or PR visa

I have ordered a book about employment and work/living which has not arrived yet....am I wasting time looking for work online - should I come out and spend 6 months on my own looking for a job? in other words - will employers take any notice of overseas interest via the net?
Unless your occupation is in great demand, and I doubt your's is, the internet will be of little value to you. Canadian employers prefer face-to-face meetings/interviews. You may enter Canada as a visitor for 6 months and seek work but you would need to find an employer willing to apply for a LMO from the Government for you. Time would not be on your side,

I currently work here in the UK in retirement housing for the over 55's managing 9 developments. does anyone have any useful business contacts in fredrickton in this area?
Sheltered housing, such as that in UK, is handled differently here

it is possible i will be made redundant in 3 weeks time. how can I accelerate
a move for my family to canada. i do not want to waste time getting a job here in the UK when our objective is to permanently live and work in canada.
Without pre-arranged employment there's not a great deal, if anything, you can do to speed up the process

thank you for taking the time to read our first post.

:clap2:
Much good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dear Auld
how does sheltered housing differ? I'm involved with independant living for the over 55's - slightly different to 'sheltered as staff are not nurses. many thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.