1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alle,

[RePosting in Australian Form for local responses as well]

Guten tag!!

I got an offer from an MNC in Berlin with salary of 90K Euros\Annum. We are currently living in Sydney and are Australian citizens. We are a family of 4 including a kid.

Iam currently earning 160k AUD per annum in Sydney. Do you suggest its a good package and will have better off financial growth compared to now in Sydney?

Any inputs on this offer and in general on this package, living in Germany?

Googling, mentions class1, class2... etc, not sure what will be my net take home? BTW, they mentioned it includes pension as well.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alle,

[RePosting in Australian Form for local responses as well]

Guten tag!!

I got an offer from an MNC in Berlin with salary of 90K Euros\Annum. We are currently living in Sydney and are Australian citizens. We are a family of 4 including a kid.

Iam currently earning 160k AUD per annum in Sydney. Do you suggest its a good package and will have better off financial growth compared to now in Sydney?

Any inputs on this offer and in general on this package, living in Germany?

Googling, mentions class1, class2... etc, not sure what will be my net take home? BTW, they mentioned it includes pension as well.

Regards,
Sam

I think it depends on many factors mate,

Whats exactly your occupation. 160k in Sydney is good but no way great but think of probable reason you came to Australia on the first place.

If the reason was for the amazing weather lifestyle sports then whats the point of heading back.

On other hand that's your own country and better offer there has a strong reason to head back if you came just for the work and job opportunities.

Sorry you mentioned family of four with only you earning? Am I right on this then 160k would be really harsh on you i guess , If you are looking for a more lax lifestyle.
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iam not sure you got the question, my question mainly was on offer in germany i have now, for which i mentioned numbers compared to what iam earning now. My point is not on my current salary, my point is a relative comparison anybody can provide me relative to sydney package ( i have currently ) and the one iam offered in Berlin.

Regards,
Sam
I think it depends on many factors mate,

Whats exactly your occupation. 160k in Sydney is good but no way great but think of probable reason you came to Australia on the first place.

If the reason was for the amazing weather lifestyle sports then whats the point of heading back.

On other hand that's your own country and better offer there has a strong reason to head back if you came just for the work and job opportunities.

Sorry you mentioned family of four with only you earning? Am I right on this then 160k would be really harsh on you i guess , If you are looking for a more lax lifestyle.
Cheers

·
Registered
208 Posts
Iam not sure you got the question, my question mainly was on offer in germany i have now, for which i mentioned numbers compared to what iam earning now. My point is not on my current salary, my point is a relative comparison anybody can provide me relative to sydney package ( i have currently ) and the one iam offered in Berlin.

Regards,
Sam
My comparison was on various factors rather than only salary.

In terms of salary i can say about Sydney Australia.

Your Salary ---> 160000
Super Annuation ---> 10 % Roughly 1200
Your Monthly Take Home ---> Around 9000/month ( After Tax Deduction )
Your expenditures ---> 8500 / month
Considering you are only sole
earner and have two small kids
with day care. You put them in decent
Private schools and are in some clubs
you are living decent life not luxury one
minus not going for long trip, once in a
month dining out

I think you can break down this with one you are getting in Germany and see to it that if you are saving more or if you are able to add more quality of life to your existing list and then may be decide

1 - 4 of 4 Posts