Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i am a brit cit female who moved to st laurent du var in june of last year. previously i lived just outside of paris for 3 years. i have no family here nor friends...my husband is french and i have 2 young children. Due to my isolation i think i am sufferring from depression and would love the help of an english ex pat doctor. i would love to meet other ex pats living here but have no idea how to go about it. can anyone please help?. thanking you in advance.

·
Administrator
49,836 Posts
Hi, sorry but I seem to have missed your original post here. You may want to try and contact one of the AVFs in the Var uravfpacac - Bienvenue en Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur Corse (Check the list of AVF groups on the left side of the page. There are seven groups in the Var - just click on the one that's closest to you - or in a town you're familiar with.

The AVF is a newcomers' group - for French and expats. They should be able to help you find an English speaking doctor and can probably do lots for your isolation. (They definitely helped me here in the Paris area when I was having a very tough time adjusting to France!)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi!

I'm so sorry you are isolated. My husband and I will be moving to Nice in June and would love to meet up with you if you're game! I will PM you my email address.

I have done a little bit of googling for groups and have spotted this one:

Meetup.com

I went to a few meet ups in London using that site. I never really found a great group but did manage to glean a few friends from the groups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.