Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone .myself,wife and three children and 18 yr old are begining to apply for a visa to austrailia.sara is the main applicant as she is a nurse and they are on the short list.sara`s sister is living in adelaide for 20yrs or so with her husband. we are thinking of moving there we have had enough of ireland.our children are 2,5,6 and lisa almost 18.any advise would be great.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum.

We're in South Australia but not in Adelaide (we're 440kms SE of Adelaide on the Limestone Coast).

Have you been to Adelaide? There are posts on Adelaide if you do a search on the forum. We liked Adelaide but could get more for our money down here and we love living near the Great Ocean Road.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your reply karen.What is the weather like were you are and how are you finding life over there, thanks paul.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
thank you for your reply karen.What is the weather like were you are and how are you finding life over there, thanks paul.
The weather is a Mediterranean climate and we get all 4 seasons. We also don't have water restrictions down here - or at least not nearly as bad as other parts of the State. We've actually had more rainfall than usual the last few months and it's not been that hot this summer (some hot days but cooler than usual).

For weather you can check out:
Elders Weather - Australia & World Weather Forecast, Live Bom Radar

We love it here. We've created a life that we love and we're part of the community - something we were too busy for when we lived in the UK. We've been here 2.5 years and we become citizens on March 9th.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrats on getting your citizenship you must be thrilled.well we have just had enough of ireland although we will miss family and all here if we get our visas but all we are doing here is scraping by and its not good enough i had a pvc buisness going but ive fallin victim to the ressision here and its here for a while i think.my wife is a nurse and im a bit of an allrounder so i think we would get on fine. we are thinking of trying to move without selling the house here just incase we want to come back but i dont think we will manage to do that as we have to have a lot of money to even get the visas as far as i know , regards paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts