·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:plane:

Hi Gents and Ladies

Hope you all in a good responsive forum mood

I am flying out 29th Sept 09

Excited and apprehensive of this massive life decision to come over and meet you all and try something different in life and work with the local children ....

I am going to be based intially around Dubia and then maybe Abu D or Al Alhin

Please give us the low down on any of these issues if you dont mind

- Does Skype work or do i need a VPN (not 2 sound to geekie)
- Best ways to send £money back into UK
- Good Soical / Sports Clubs
- Which mobile network ? Best ways to text or phone UK ?
- What to bring any top tips on tiems to bring ?
I have good sense of humour already !
- Car hire - Buy new or Buy Second hand ?

Well that i believe covers the bases for the time being so many thanks and see you all soon

Tuffers :clap2: :juggle:

·
Registered
279 Posts
hi, as a recent arrival I will give my take on a couple of points

Skype is the best and cheapest way, but you must download and install before you come. Other option is to use Ultrasurf (google it) and that's a proxy that loads most sites.

What to bring? Any electronics you like might be worth bringing as they are very expensive here.
I regret not bringing my nespresso machine, which I got for just over a hundred quid, but here it costs around 250 quid. then again, I couldn't fit the thing in my suitcase :D

·
Banned
46 Posts
- Does Skype work . Yup on Du in Dubai and Etisalat in Sharjah, other then that No!
- Best ways to send £money back into UK, Smuggle
- Good Soical / Sports Clubs A zillion... good? *cough* NO!!!!!!
- Which mobile network ? Best ways to text or phone UK ?Du / Etisalat
- What to bring any top tips on tiems to bring ? Cash! Everything else is available here.
I have good sense of humour already ! No............ really?
- Car hire - Buy new or Buy Second hand ? hmm Decide on risking the paint job on your new Hummer after seeing the way people drive in the UAE!

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
- Does Skype work . Yup on Du in Dubai and Etisalat in Sharjah, other then that No! Bollocks Du/Etisalat have no boundaries here, if it works in one emirate it'll work in all of them
- Best ways to send £money back into UK, Smuggle Western Union for small amounts
- Good Soical / Sports Clubs A zillion... good? *cough* NO!!!!!! You've never been to them - don't be a dick
- Which mobile network ? Best ways to text or phone UK ?Du / Etisalat Du, they have per second billing. Seriously. BUT they have **** reception etc here, so use 2 sim cards, one of each.
- What to bring any top tips on tiems to bring ? Cash! Everything else is available here. Yawn
I have good sense of humour already ! No............ really? Tosser
- Car hire - Buy new or Buy Second hand ? hmm Decide on risking the paint job on your new Hummer after seeing the way people drive in the UAE! There's no problem with the way other people drive, YOU are the problem.
yawn, wrong again aren't you d-xpat?

·
Banned
46 Posts
yup I'm wrong again.... Never realized that all it takes to amuse and entertain the un(der)educated illiterate buffoons is a couple of beers/drinks in their Social/Sports Clubs. Isn't that right Michael?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.