Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a housing report for the spouse visa application which is from February 2012, I think I read somewhere that all the documents supplied for the visa application must be at most 3 months old, but I cannot seem to find the page where I read that.

Do I have to get another housing report or can I use the housing report which is over three months old? Is there any page where I can read about this?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
If it helps any, as sponsor for my partner coming to the UK, my most recent mortgage statements were 11 months old. When contacting the issuing building society, they said they could not generate my next statements a month early - not even for a visa. So all I could do was enclose those, together with a somewhat meaningless "current mortgage balance" letter (UKBA clearly states that çurrent balance'letters are not classed as sufficient evidence). These still worked for us.

If it's not possible to obtain anything more recent, you could try attaching a covering note explaining why. I think you'll be okay as it was only February (which is only just outside the three months).

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
If it helps any, as sponsor for my partner coming to the UK, my most recent mortgage statements were 11 months old. When contacting the issuing building society, they said they could not generate my next statements a month early - not even for a visa. So all I could do was enclose those, together with a somewhat meaningless "current mortgage balance" letter (UKBA clearly states that çurrent balance'letters are not classed as sufficient evidence). These still worked for us.

If it's not possible to obtain anything more recent, you could try attaching a covering note explaining why. I think you'll be okay as it was only February (which is only just outside the three months).
I agree it shouldn't create problems. Attached note is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.