Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i came on a visit with my son to the US (florida) with a man i am in love with. As the 90 expiration date was drawing near he asked me to stay and marry him, the only problem was that his divorce papers had not come through. I overstayed on the visa with my son. Went to seek advice from a solicitor who was willing to act on my behalf with the completions of aos. i knew that i had become an illegal alien and was very nervous about the whole situation. My boyfriend has changed his mind and no longer wants to commit to marriage, which leaves me no other choice than to go home. Can someone please tell me what are the consequences of returning 3 months after my visa waiver has expired and how this will impact on my son....many thanks

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi i came on a visit with my son to the US (florida) with a man i am in love with. As the 90 expiration date was drawing near he asked me to stay and marry him, the only problem was that his divorce papers had not come through. I overstayed on the visa with my son. Went to seek advice from a solicitor who was willing to act on my behalf with the completions of aos. i knew that i had become an illegal alien and was very nervous about the whole situation. My boyfriend has changed his mind and no longer wants to commit to marriage, which leaves me no other choice than to go home. Can someone please tell me what are the consequences of returning 3 months after my visa waiver has expired and how this will impact on my son....many thanks
Provided you do not exceed 180 days from the expiry of your I-94W, the sole consequence is that you can no longer use the VWP. If you want to enter the US on vacation in the future, you'll have to apply for a B2 visa -- and these are not so easy to get.

Ensure you keep evidence of the date of your return to the UK -- boarding passes, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts