Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently working as a consultant in Swiss but living in France. I am only planning to live in French side for 3 months, but my office told me that I would need a healthcare insurance for that duration.

I searched online for suitable short term insurance provider, but some of them would redirect me to travel insurance, and from what I understand, travel insurance coverage is usually in the form of full reimbursement. Example of this would be April International, AXA assistance.

My questions are:

1) Would having travel medical insurance be enough to qualify as having a healthcare insurance?
2) If not, what would be the acceptable rate for the 'proper' healthcare insurance provider? I got a quotation from Healthcare Expatriate: EUR553 for EUR500 excess. Is that considered normal?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the websites.

I requested a free quote (Assurance maladie frontalier : devis et conseils gratuits), and the person who contacted me said I do not even need to choose between CMU or LAMal, as I have a policy with Cigna. So now I am more confused :confused:

I am now awaiting a reply from my cantonal office, and hopefully they too agree that I can stick with Cigna.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts