Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the quality of healthcare in the Foggia and Manfredonia area? Specifically, I am interested in quality of care for pregnancy, delivery, and care of the baby. Also, facility quality for intensive care for baby if that should be needed.

Anyone know any English speaking doctors in these areas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello GarlicPasta,

I am far from such area but as far as I know, Italians do speak very little English and the more the area is been visited by tourists the more the italians do speak it.

So I think (hope I'm wrong) that in Foggia / Manfredonia you'll need to speak italian and also those southern areas do have a very strong accent which is not even understood by other italians.

I am not saying this is happening in the South....There are a lot of areas where the accents are very strong either north or south and in small town this issue is even worst.

cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply! I live in the southern United States. I know what you mean by accents. Some people from the northern US have trouble understanding us southerners and vice versa! :)

I hope in Foggia and Manfriedonia there will be pockets of english speaking people who can tell us about the hospitals and doctors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
U'r welcome. Oh sure....I love John Turturro doin the Mississipi accent in a movie with Johnny Depp!

Why don't you try and call the hospital in Foggia with a VoIP application?

You simply speak English with the receptionist and you get yourself an idea about the level, but I'm afraid it will be low

Hope I'm wrong

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.