Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are considering emigrating to the Costa del Sol. I am a Diabetic and would like to know everything there is to know about the care available specifically for Diabetics. In addition, I have received conflicting information about the cost of medication e.g. metformin, ramipril, felodopene, aspirin, simvastatin and would appreciate more info please. Many thanks for any help with this.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
My husband and I are considering emigrating to the Costa del Sol. I am a Diabetic and would like to know everything there is to know about the care available specifically for Diabetics. In addition, I have received conflicting information about the cost of medication e.g. metformin, ramipril, felodopene, aspirin, simvastatin and would appreciate more info please. Many thanks for any help with this.
There was a similar request here the other day if I remember correctly. All I can tell you is that Simvastatin is about €2.50 or a little more for a months supply. Asprin is dirt cheap, the others I dont know

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi,
I have seen notices for a Diabetic support group down here on the CDS, I think they were in some of the local English language papers. Cant remember which though. You could maybe try to Google it?

Caz.I

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Just got back from visiting a friend whose husband is diabetic. He has Spanish nationality (don't know if that changes things) and pays 40% of the cost of his medication. If your treatment is classified as long term you pay 40% for that medication. Other stuff is charged at 60% of the cost.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
I have seen notices for a Diabetic support group down here on the CDS, I think they were in some of the local English language papers. Cant remember which though. You could maybe try to Google it?

Caz.I
Thanks Caz. Will bear that in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.