Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
This is my first post so I hope its ok!:confused:

My wife, kids and I have been considering emigrating to Australia. One potential obstacle is that my wife has a congenital heart defect (hole in the heart). This is not unusual and not as dramatic as it sounds.

Does anyone have any information to suggest if this type of complaint would prevent us getting a permanent residence VISA.

Thanks

Bryan

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi All,
This is my first post so I hope its ok!:confused:

My wife, kids and I have been considering emigrating to Australia. One potential obstacle is that my wife has a congenital heart defect (hole in the heart). This is not unusual and not as dramatic as it sounds.

Does anyone have any information to suggest if this type of complaint would prevent us getting a permanent residence VISA.

Thanks

Bryan
Hi Bryan,

The health requirements are at:
Health Requirements for Visa Applicants

Usually it's only if something is going to drain the healthcare system that they would reject it, but of course it's always worth checking this with an agent!

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello Bryan,

The main issue will be the prognosis - how her condition is likely to develop in the future - and the likely health costs (if any) associated with the condition in the future.

I'd suggest you contact Dr Baz. She is a Sydney base GP who provides advice about health conditions and their effect on a visa application. My clients have used her on many occasions and I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Here is her website:
Visa Medical Opinion - Home - Relocation Medical Services

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have been told that it is quite normal and very unlikely to cause any future problems.

Thanks for the link to Dr Baz.

We are going to tomorrow to The Down Under Expo 2008 in Dublin so hopefully we will learns loads about all the issues involved.

Thanks

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.