Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post, so not too sure what to do, anyway, I will try.........

The question I ask is, Do retired expats require comprehensive health insurance before they can move to Spain?

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post, so not too sure what to do, anyway, I will try.........

The question I ask is, Do retired expats require comprehensive health insurance before they can move to Spain?
If you are in receipt of a UK State Pension, then no. The S1 form from DWP enables you to access Spanish health care.

If you are below state retirement age, then you will need private health care for one year at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are in receipt of a UK State Pension, then no. The S1 form from DWP enables you to access Spanish health care.

If you are below state retirement age, then you will need private health care for one year at least.
Thank you for your fast reply, yes I am in receipt of a Uk state pension so I will just need to get the S1 form

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Thank you for your fast reply, yes I am in receipt of a Uk state pension so I will just need to get the S1 form
You will need to apply for the S1 to cover any family members who will be living with you (they do not need to be pensioners just to be able to be classed as your dependants - can include parents, parents-in-law, etc as well as offspring).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank for that extra information, does a partner count the same, she has not yet retired?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts