Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently finalizing my move to Thailand. Could someone advise me on the best heath insurance provider?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Your first major choice option is to choose one that is accepted by Thai hospitals. Several health insurance companies are not , often the cheaper ones which probably won't surprise you. Many stories here of expats needing urgent medical treatment only to find their health cover is not accepted , usually because the company has a poor payment record.

Others will no doubt come in with their prefered health cover company but I use BUPA which is not the cheapest but accepted all over with good local logistical support.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Lindsay,

My Insurance Broker arranged my Health Insurance for me. I opted only for In-Patient care as it is reasonable cheap for out-patient visits and the premiums were very reasonable.

He is in Bangkok and I know he has helped a number of retirees with theirs.

I do not know whether admin will allow me to post his company name, but message ,me and I can pass it over to you.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Hi Lindsay,

My Insurance Broker arranged my Health Insurance for me. I opted only for In-Patient care as it is reasonable cheap for out-patient visits and the premiums were very reasonable.

He is in Bangkok and I know he has helped a number of retirees with theirs.

I do not know whether admin will allow me to post his company name, but message ,me and I can pass it over to you.
Since the original poster requested the information, Yes, it is okay to post the company with contact information.

Jet Lag
Forum Moderator

Reactions: Bkkbiker

·
Registered
597 Posts
'Best' depends upon your needs. BUPA is popular among Brits in Thailand, but the following didn't meet my needs in 2012*: inpatient payment limit per 'disability'**, inability to transfer to BUPA in another country should you change your country of residence, age above which one can not receive initial insurance, age above which they can decide on a year by year basis whether to issue insurance for another year. I purchased insurance from ACS, a French company.

*Conditions may have changed since 2012, but have they ever gotten better for a customer in an era of rising health care costs?

**Policies are litigated according to the Thai version, that's the English translation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.