Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are both British/European citizens (53 & 58 years old), and at present we live and work in America. We can not get any of the Euro Medical Card because we have been out of Britain for ten years.
We want to retire in three months to France and are trying to find a French medical insurance company which deals with expats. Because we both have some pre-existing medical conditions (nothing which will kills us for years). Most insurance companies in America will not insure people with pre-existing conditions. At present we are okay because we get insurance through our companies.
Do the French insurance companies also not insure people with pre-existing medical conditions, I know that our monthly premiums will be higher, but after the costs in America they should be cheaper.
I have read various thread on this forum, but most people seem to go through medical companies in their own country. We are brushing up on our french ready for moving, but I think it will only get better when we use it and hear it spoken.
So has anyone got the name of a French insurance company who they have used.

Thanks Dave & Eileen Lord

·
Registered
664 Posts
Good morning - if you're British, why not try some UK health insurance companies - they provide Europe-wide cover, and at least you'll be able to get a quote you can understand. I've had a look at AXA but so far not necessary as we're working enough to get carte vitale here.

·
Administrator
51,318 Posts
The British insurance companies are well-known for providing expat insurance of the type you need. But, based on your long-term residence in the US, you should check with AARO AARO?s Health Care Program for Expatriate America

Even if you don't want to join AARO to take advantage of their insurance program, they do list the name and contact information for the insurance broker that handles their plan. I know that this broker has sold health policies to individuals who (for whatever reason) weren't eligible for the AARO plan, and they seemed to be rather pleased with the policies they got. Worth a try at least.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.