Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon!

My wife and I are moving to Toronto in January 2014 (under a work permit issued to me). We are expecting our first child in early March and are concerned about the cost of delivery. Can anyone tell me if there is gap insurance that can be purchased that will cover delivery? I understand we won't be covered by OHIP until April...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
You are correct that your OHIP coverage will not kick-in until you've been here three months. Given your wife's pre-existing condition I think it's highly unlikely you'll be able to buy interim insurance.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Also check with the airlines if they allow you on the flight without signing a waiver that makes you responsible for all costs that might occur in case of an emergency landing.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Good afternoon!

My wife and I are moving to Toronto in January 2014 (under a work permit issued to me). We are expecting our first child in early March and are concerned about the cost of delivery. Can anyone tell me if there is gap insurance that can be purchased that will cover delivery? I understand we won't be covered by OHIP until April...

Thanks!!
There is not going to be any any insurance that will cover you (at least nothing affordable!). Cost of delivery with no health coverage in Toronto for a coworker of mine a few years ago was about $10,000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.