Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

my question concerns health insurance options in Australia.

I am a European student who received an offer to undergo graduate studies (PhD studies) in Australia.

As I have a medical condition (chronic disease) which requires medication I was wondering if the Australian government allows people like me to come to their country, work there and get a proper insurance which covers the cost of the medication (in Europe the drugs are too expensive to pay by myself).

Does anyone can help me with that? I would also be very grateful for links to other webpages or forums which could provide information on insurance options.

Cheers,
muse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a quick look on that before, but unfortunately it was not helpful.

I realized that my first post was a bit too general.

The information in the link does not provide any guide for people with chronic diseases and the likelihood of getting a visa or not.

Anyway, I have been to the Australian embassy but even people there cannot tell me whether I could get a visa.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi,

It will depend on what your 'chronic disease' is.

Have you contacted an agent and asked them? I think it would be wise to.

Dolly

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
A migration agent. We have a few who post on here, Veronika (username SOMV) posts fairly regularly and you can contact her via her signature.

Have a look at what the DIAC say about Hep. B Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 22. The Health Requirement .

I really think you should be asking the advice of an agent. If you do, please let us know advice they give.

Dolly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts