Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I and my husband have a PR visa for Australia. I am expecting right now. Immediately after the baby is born, we will apply for child visa offshore and then plan to apply for long term tourist visa for the baby. I was going through the document checklist for tourist visa. It is not very clear if we need to buy the health insurance for the baby for the tourist visa to be granted. I contacted many insurance companies and as they mentioned,

First there is no policy for infants before they are 6 months old and secondly any policy you buy for the baby provides coverage only for 180 days in a duration of 1 year. Has any one been asked for health insurance for infants while applying for tourist visa? Please help.

Also none of the policies will cover vaccination costs to be incurred for the baby in Australia. Since medical expenses are extremely high, I was wondering how much do we need to take into account for getting the vaccinations done for the baby in Australia in duration of 1 year?

I would appreciate if someone can help me out with this.

Regards
dasskhands

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I would appreciate if anyone can share their experience with respect to health insurance required for tourist visa for infant. Do we really need health insurance for infant and also can we get it before the baby is 6 months old?

Regards
DassKhands

1 - 2 of 2 Posts