Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a question.

My spanish husband and I got married in December for 2014. After marriage, we flew to the US, where I worked for about 5 months and now we are back in Europe.

One thing we failed to do was take our marriage certificate to the Social Securidad office to get my tarjeta de residencia and tarjeta de sanitaria.

Now that we are back in Europe, do we just take our marriage certificate to the office and apply? and does the insurance cover dental or just health?

Thanks

xtranjera

·
Administrator
36,384 Posts

My spanish husband and I got married in December for 2014. After marriage, we flew to the US, where I worked for about 5 months and now we are back in Europe.

One thing we failed to do was take our marriage certificate to the Social Securidad office to get my tarjeta de residencia and tarjeta de sanitaria.

Now that we are back in Europe, do we just take our marriage certificate to the office and apply? and does the insurance cover dental or just health?

Thanks

xtranjera
you would be covered as a dependant of your spouse, so take your paperwork to the INSS

dental isn't covered, except perhaps extractions at the local health centre

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

Thanks

xtranjera
I know you're asking about health insurance, but I have to mention that taking your marriage certificate to Seguridad Social is not how you go about getting your tarjeta de residencia. (I'm assuming you're American? That's what your flag indicates.) Here's a link to the webpage where you can see all the requirements and paperwork you need to get your residencia. You turn the application in at your closest extranjería office, which is usually located in a National Police station. There's quite a lot of paperwork that you have to turn in and they're very particular about it so be sure to read the requirements carefully.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you're asking about health insurance, but I have to mention that taking your marriage certificate to Seguridad Social is not how you go about getting your tarjeta de residencia. (I'm assuming you're American? That's what your flag indicates.) Here's a link to the webpage where you can see all the requirements and paperwork you need to get your residencia. You turn the application in at your closest extranjería office, which is usually located in a National Police station. There's quite a lot of paperwork that you have to turn in and they're very particular about it so be sure to read the requirements carefully.
Thanks so much for the clarification. My husband is offshore working for 8 months and I am a bit lost with what to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts