Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my story...we applied for 189 early 2017 and got the invite within a few days. Wasting no time, we uploaded documents and initiated PCC and Health checks soon after in Apr/May 2017. My son and I got clearance straight away, however, my husbands case was deferred until after a 3 month long culture test. Once the results of those tests were in, despite not being positive, we were informed that another 3 month long culture test should be conducted. 3 more months passed by and we were hoping to hear good news. Unfortunately, despite the result still being a negative, we were still requested for x-rays after (no surprise) 3 more months.

Fortunately this phase is now over and my husband was finally given health clearance in end Feb 2018. However, the issue here is that my son and my own Health Clearance will most likely expire in May and in case they still don't give visa grant by then, I'm confused as to how DIBP will handle our case. Will we have to redo Health Check or will they ask us to visit Aus within a week or so? The issue is I have to obviously get a lot of things done prior to moving and I have no idea of what on earth is going happen here!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi,

If you will get the visa in April, yes your IED would be in May 2018. But in case if DIBP doesnt finalise your visa until May, they will ask you to undergo medical examination once again and it will be for you and Kid and may be they would ask to submit new PCC as PCC is valid for 6 months.

Reactions: SYB

·
Registered
21,863 Posts
So here's my story...we applied for 189 early 2017 and got the invite within a few days. Wasting no time, we uploaded documents and initiated PCC and Health checks soon after in Apr/May 2017. My son and I got clearance straight away, however, my husbands case was deferred until after a 3 month long culture test. Once the results of those tests were in, despite not being positive, we were informed that another 3 month long culture test should be conducted. 3 more months passed by and we were hoping to hear good news. Unfortunately, despite the result still being a negative, we were still requested for x-rays after (no surprise) 3 more months.

Fortunately this phase is now over and my husband was finally given health clearance in end Feb 2018. However, the issue here is that my son and my own Health Clearance will most likely expire in May and in case they still don't give visa grant by then, I'm confused as to how DIBP will handle our case. Will we have to redo Health Check or will they ask us to visit Aus within a week or so? The issue is I have to obviously get a lot of things done prior to moving and I have no idea of what on earth is going happen here!

The CO have a lot of leeway in waiving off the medical and PCC renewal requirements, if they have expired during processing

Quite a few cases have been reported recently, where the grant was made despite the PCC and medicals having expired

You should not be proactive and get fresh medicals and PCC done, unless asked for specifically by the CO

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts