Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anyone please help me understand how the health clearance validity for Australian Visa of Subclass 189 determined?

I mean is it from the date my examinations were done or from the date Total Clearance was gieon online immi account?

My wife`s Blood Test, HIV and Chest X-ray were done in August 25, 2016. But then they asked for her TB test which she passed in May 30, 2017. So her status as health clearance was updated in June 02, 2017.

Is her health clearance expired? Or will it be calculated from June 02, 2017?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25,757 Posts
Hello,

Can anyone please help me understand how the health clearance validity for Australian Visa of Subclass 189 determined?

I mean is it from the date my examinations were done or from the date Total Clearance was gieon online immi account?

My wife`s Blood Test, HIV and Chest X-ray were done in August 25, 2016. But then they asked for her TB test which she passed in May 30, 2017. So her status as health clearance was updated in June 02, 2017.

Thanks in advance.
In my opinion you should not do too much research on the validity of the tests

If the tests are required to be done again, for any reason, the CO will inform you
You can also monitor the health clearance section of your Immiaccount for any change in status

Till such time you just sit tight and not do anything proactively on your own

Recently a member confirmed, that although his medical tests had expired, he was Not ask to do them again before the grant

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Each test has their own validity.

So, lets say you did 501 Medical Examination, 502 Chest X-ray Examination and 707 HIV test, it will expire next year which is actually today 25 August 2017.

The TB test is valid till 30 May 2018.

Your test may expire before you receive grant, but that doesn't mean you won't be given grant. In some cases you may be asked to do medical again and in some cases, you won't. But if medical is not asked, your IED might be short. Then again you can ask for exemption from IED if you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.