Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have been assigned a CO and asked for health check up for both myself and wife( who is a not included for Visa now)

Why is that they ask health checkup for non migrating member?
Can we tell them and do something? Thing is 2 months back we did complete health checkup. :)
Anybody tried?

thanks,
VVP

·
Registered
965 Posts
It's a requirement to complete health assessment for everyone in the immediate family even if they are not migrating.

Any reason why you don't want to include her right away. It will make it quick and cheap for you

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually she is not migrating due to financial reasons.
First i should get some job and then will take her.

And by the way we had done corporate health checkup just 2 months back and we have the reports. Is there anyway we can convince CO showing reports of that only for my wife.

Wife is kind of not fond of visiting hospitals .

Thanks,
VVP

·
Registered
965 Posts
It will only make it more suspicious. It's a rule and you can't expect them to be flexible

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok then i will do it. :)
But when she apply for partner visa, will she have to do medicals again.

Thanks,
VVP

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
If she will apply before the expiry i.e 1 year then her last medical can be used for Partner Visa otherwise she has to appear again for medical.

Hope this helps.

Girl Aussie

ok then i will do it. :)
But when she apply for partner visa, will she have to do medicals again.

Thanks,
VVP

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Also just to explain you a bit more on this subject, obviously you know your current situation better but it's much cheaper option to include your partner in your current application. As Partner Visa cost has increased now & its $6000+ with the 12-15 months processing time, also you as Sponsor has to meet the 'Usual Resident' requirement i.e you live & work in Australia.

So think of all the options before finalising your application.

Girl Aussie

Actually she is not migrating due to financial reasons.
First i should get some job and then will take her.

VVP

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also just to explain you a bit more on this subject, obviously you know your current situation better but it's much cheaper option to include your partner in your current application. As Partner Visa cost has increased now & its $6000+ with the 12-15 months processing time, also you as Sponsor has to meet the 'Usual Resident' requirement i.e you live & work in Australia.

So think of all the options before finalising your application.

Girl Aussie
Yeah hike in fees for partner visa is really troublesome. But for me no other option.
Dont know why they are doing like that. If i am not wrong they doubled it in last 1.5 years.
They hiked it from 3000~ to ~4000 to now 6800$.
Why are they doing that. To discourage partner Visa? :(

VVP

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Yeah hike in fees for partner visa is really troublesome. But for me no other option.
Dont know why they are doing like that. If i am not wrong they doubled it in last 1.5 years.
They hiked it from 3000~ to ~4000 to now 6800$.
Why are they doing that. To discourage partner Visa? :(

VVP
No, they're doing it because it's a cash grab. Australians wanting to sponsor foreign partners are a captive market whereas skilled migrants can always just choose to move to another country (or stay where they are) if the fees are too high. I would expect the partner visa fees to continue rising at a higher rate than any other visa.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello,

I am applying assessment from ACS but I don't have any experience letter document where we can see number of hours work duration. Can I proceed for payment.

Please suggest.

Regards
Ajay

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, they're doing it because it's a cash grab. Australians wanting to sponsor foreign partners are a captive market whereas skilled migrants can always just choose to move to another country (or stay where they are) if the fees are too high. I would expect the partner visa fees to continue rising at a higher rate than any other visa.
Yeah correct. Sounds logical. I wont be surprised if the fees for PArtner visa reaches 10K in 2-3 years. Maybe before that. :)

VVP

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hello,

I am applying assessment from ACS but I don't have any experience letter document where we can see number of hours work duration. Can I proceed for payment.

Please suggest.

Regards
Ajay
Perhaps start a new thread as your question is not related to the topic of this one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello,

Please suggest.

Regards
Ajay
Ajay,
Before making payment know everything. You have to make sure you have 60 points or above. etc.
For that starting a new thread will be better as pointed above. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts