Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Health Check for Different Visas

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  AliceNg 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I had a health check done back in August this year for a subclass 462 (Work and Holiday Visa) and have already gotten the grant for that. PCC for Singapore is also cleared. For both of these, I understand that they last for a year. If everything goes on smoothly, I should be lodging my 489 or 190 by this year. Do I still need to go for another health check? I believe the PCC can be "brought forward". Not sure if they do more thorough health checks for the Skilled Migration visas as compared to the Work and Holiday ones or are they both as stringent?

#2 ·
i am not sure, but i guess health check for PR could include some more tests apart from 462...

what i understood is they checked for
1. AIDS, TB
2. other disease which can incur heavy cost to Australian govt

experts can guide more

#5 ·
They have removed the option to do medical tests in advance from 190 category also

Maybe even from 489

But not very sure

Cheers

#20 ·
and in case of 489 state sponsorsjip..we should wait for the invite to come and then go for medicals Or we sould get them ready even before the invite comes?

Please suggest

#21 ·
You cannot get them done on your own, at either of the stages , if you want to follow the DHA recommendations

You have to wait for the CO to generate the hap ID after you have lodged the application
Then only you should get them done

Cheers

#22 ·
I have just applied for a prospective partner visa as my fiancee is a PR in Australia. At present the processing time for Prospective Partner Visa is 18 months. What would be the right time for me to do the health assessment given the fact that the health assessment is valid only for one year? Thanks for your help.
-NS

#23 ·
The CO will ask you to get the medicals done, as you have already submitted your application

Wait for him to generate the HAP ID

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.