Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I had a health check done back in August this year for a subclass 462 (Work and Holiday Visa) and have already gotten the grant for that. PCC for Singapore is also cleared. For both of these, I understand that they last for a year. If everything goes on smoothly, I should be lodging my 489 or 190 by this year. Do I still need to go for another health check? I believe the PCC can be "brought forward". Not sure if they do more thorough health checks for the Skilled Migration visas as compared to the Work and Holiday ones or are they both as stringent?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi guys,

I had a health check done back in August this year for a subclass 462 (Work and Holiday Visa) and have already gotten the grant for that. PCC for Singapore is also cleared. For both of these, I understand that they last for a year. If everything goes on smoothly, I should be lodging my 489 or 190 by this year. Do I still need to go for another health check? I believe the PCC can be "brought forward". Not sure if they do more thorough health checks for the Skilled Migration visas as compared to the Work and Holiday ones or are they both as stringent?
i am not sure, but i guess health check for PR could include some more tests apart from 462...

what i understood is they checked for
1. AIDS, TB
2. other disease which can incur heavy cost to Australian govt

experts can guide more

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi guys,

If undergone health checks and not yet completed 12 months, provide your HAP ID ,if further tests required, you will be intimated

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

I am going to do health check soon and opening new application to get HAP ID but currently I can't find subclass 489 visa but only 189
pls advise
thank you

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Hi all,

I am going to do health check soon and opening new application to get HAP ID but currently I can't find subclass 489 visa but only 189
pls advise
thank you
They have removed the option to do medical tests in advance from 190 category also

Maybe even from 489

But not very sure

Cheers

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
They have removed the option to do medical tests in advance from 190 category also

Maybe even from 489

But not very sure

Cheers
There was a update from DoHA regarding pre-medicals test. I think only SC189 applicants can undergo tests before application lodgment or CO contact.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Maybe even from 489

But not very sure

Cheers
Hi newbienz,
Do you have the link to this information? I have completed by medicals for subclass 190 in advance - haven't received the invite yet...

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Hi newbienz,
Do you have the link to this information? I have completed by medicals for subclass 190 in advance - haven't received the invite yet...
The proof is the list of visas for which medical tests can be done in advance

If visa 190 is not in the list, then obviously you can’t do it

I have no other information except this

Cheers

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Hi newbienz,
I too completed my 190 medicals before 1 July, but since that date applicants are no longer able to - it is a recent change.

Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
The proof is the list of visas for which medical tests can be done in advance

If visa 190 is not in the list, then obviously you can’t do it

I have no other information except this

Cheers
Thanks newbienz!

But, where I can find this list of visas for which medical tests can be done in advance? The Department of Home Affairs does not have a list as such.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Thank you!

In that case, should I complete my medicals again?
Well I don't think so, my results have already been sent to DHA. So once I Lodge, I would imagine my HAP ID will be connected to my immiaccount application and I'll be good to go :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I don't think so, my results have already been sent to DHA. So once I Lodge, I would imagine my HAP ID will be connected to my immiaccount application and I'll be good to go :)

Thanks again!

I suppose I will have to wait to see if this will work in my case - I have the HAP IDs generated and medicals completed already.. :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Thanks again!

I suppose I will have to wait to see if this will work in my case - I have the HAP IDs generated and medicals completed already.. :fingerscrossed:
Have you already been invited and submitted the application

If so, then you can check the Immiaccount dashboard for the medicals status

Cheers

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Hi newbienz,
No, I haven't been invited yet : I completed my medicals even before the invite came through.
Nothing to worry probably

Just add the hap ids for all applicants when asked about medical tests when applying

Hopefully they should accept it and give the no further tests required on the dashboard

Cheers

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Dear Newbienz,

Thanks for your reply
So now must lodge visa before do health check. Am I correct?

Cheers
That’s correct, if you are applying under 190

Lodge the application and wait for the CO to generate the hap I’d and then get the tests done

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
and in case of 489 state sponsorsjip..we should wait for the invite to come and then go for medicals Or we sould get them ready even before the invite comes?

Please suggest

1 - 20 of 26 Posts