Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola

I am trying to find out about how to apply and or register for health care when one reaches 65 in Andalucía.

Am I right or wrong in assuming, when one reaches 65 years of age, that you can apply for a health card. If I am correct, how does one get a card; are there any forms where I can apply online and do I register at a local medical centre?

My and I have lived here for 6 years, both of us hold residencía cards, registered on our local padron etc, but never needed health care, so have never registered with a doctor. I reach 65 in 2 weeks time and my wife is 50 next year.

Any help or suitable suggestions on what we should do?

Regards

Richard xx

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Hola

I am trying to find out about how to apply and or register for health care when one reaches 65 in Andalucía.

Am I right or wrong in assuming, when one reaches 65 years of age, that you can apply for a health card. If I am correct, how does one get a card; are there any forms where I can apply online and do I register at a local medical centre?

My and I have lived here for 6 years, both of us hold residencía cards, registered on our local padron etc, but never needed health care, so have never registered with a doctor. I reach 65 in 2 weeks time and my wife is 50 next year.

Any help or suitable suggestions on what we should do?

Regards

If you are a British citizen,you apply to the DWP for an E121 form. You may be able to download it. You take it to the Seg. Soc. who give you a number and a Spanish E111 card.
Then you register at your local medical centre.
I think that's all you have to do - if you are British, that is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mrypg9

Thank you for your reply - one thing, I forgot to say; both of us have blue UK European Health Cards, can we use those to exchange for Spanish card and to register for a doctor?

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
mrypg9

Thank you for your reply - one thing, I forgot to say; both of us have blue UK European Health Cards, can we use those to exchange for Spanish card and to register for a doctor?
By 'blue UK card' I presume you mean the E111 replacement card. No, you need to be actually transferred from the NHS to the Spanish system. As I said before, you will then get a Seg. Soc. number and a Spanish blue card for use for emergency treatment in other EU countries.
But before you do all that, again as I said before, you need to get the E121 from the DWP.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
mrypg9

Your EHIC cards are worthless here, under your cicumstances. They wont be accepted here because you are not UK residents on holiday!

You get the E121's sent to you by The DWP in Newcastle, you take them to the Dept De Seguridad, they issue a form which you take to the local health centre and then you go register with a doctor

Dont forget to get an E121 for your wife, she will qualify as a dependent for full cover also

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your replies and now I have the information, I can now proceed with obtaining an E121 form, not sure if I can get one for my wife as she is 49 (50 next April).

Regards

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Thank you for your replies and now I have the information, I can now proceed with obtaining an E121 form, not sure if I can get one for my wife as she is 49 (50 next April).

Regards
Yes you can. I already told you :) She will receive one because she is a dependent of yours. Just get her name added to the E121. So when you receive your E121, it will bear her details also, and you will both receive SIP cards.

I've just done it, I'm well short of retirement age but as my wife qualified at 60, I am her dependent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.