Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all

I am looking towards work in either Switzerland or Australia.
At the age of 40-45 my wife and I are thinking this would be the best time to take our teen and tween girls on a bit of an adventure.

In the early part of 2011 I should be releasing from the Canadian Navy (after 17 years service) and that is when my MBA in consulting will be completed.

Any useful advice; pro Swiss, pro Aussie, would be appreciated.

:confused2:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi exint,

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already done so, check out the Australia forum since there is loads of info there - especially the sticky posts at the top. Don't get bogged down by all the info (it's easy to do!) but look around and ask any questions you have on Australia in that forum and you'll usually get a quick reply since it's a busy forum.

I'm biased since I moved from the UK to Australia in July 2007 and we're loving it.

You need to base your decision on what and your family want and work from there.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Karen
One ? I do have as we live on an island ...do you find you are landlocked or feel that way?
Here on Vancouver island we hate having to catch the ferry to get off the island. Initially we hale from Saskatchewan so for us to have to take a ferry just to drive anywhere is a bit of a pain.

Anyhow, I will log on the Aussie site later today.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts